Blood under thumb nail when removing gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsRus

Reaction score
Hi ladies was just wondering if any of you had experienced this...... I was removing a regulars gel Polish last night and on the thumb I noticed a tiny bit of red blood under the thumb nail right in the middle of the nail. I asked her if she had banged it and was it sore she said no, I continued with the gel, when I got home and thought more of it I started to worry that it may have been me scraping too hard at removing the gel but I don't remember doing so and I'm normally quiet good at getting gel off but it was a dark, difficult color to remove. The blood was very red like it had just happened too :-( any thoughts would be much appreciated thank you x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've never had this happen to me, i hope you find an answer tho x

Never had it happen either. Normally you are not supposed to scrape the nail plate when removing gel. Especially with an implement, unless it's an orange wood stick. Are you buffing the top coat with a file to break the seal and then soaking using wraps or foil with a cotton or pad? Are you soaking it long enough. Even when I have stubborn dark colors I use my thumb nail to scrape it a little. Not rough or applying pressure. She may have slammed it or got it pinched in something and it didn't hurt so she didn't think anything of it. I'm not saying you did anything wrong but you had to be really aggressive when removing it to cause that much trauma to the nail plate for it to do that.

Hi, I obviously can't say for sure, but I'd try not to worry too much about this as I highly doubt you'd cause blood under the nail through removing a gel colour, as the post above says, you'd have to have put some serious pressure on it to do that and I'm 99% sure it would have hurt your client, which she says it didn't. Try not to worry and just ensure you're removing correctly (again, as the post above describes!) and just put it down to a nail mystery (one probably caused by her knocking it at some point and not even realising!!) xx

Thanks for replys I was removing as I was always taught when training with the tools I was taught with so know I'm doing that right lol abs Yes I I break the seal and file the tip layer off before wrapping, ill stop worrying about it and be extra careful when removing the next set thank you x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back