Bluesky gel polish - advice please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the same! They left a lot of questions unanswered :/
I gave up asking questions as I felt the same answer kept being repeated but didn't actually answer anyone's questions at all. [emoji30]

I gave up asking questions as I felt the same answer kept being repeated but didn't actually answer anyone's questions at all. [emoji30]

They must have found some kind of loophole somehow which allows it to be accredited and insurable. Who knows!

With it's reputation and the fact it has got in trouble for copying CND and gelish and tried riding of the back of their success makes me not want anything to do with it!

They should soon turn up! Maybe answer some new questions

I can't seem to do a link on my phone but if anyone's wanting to read that thread, if you do a search it's called: Bluesky UK Launch

I remember reading that then I gave up I got confused when they weren't the uk distributor or where they?
It's like the blind leading the blind or whatever the saying is

Was also really confused with the whole Bluesky thread, there wasn't a clear answer given [emoji37] who knows!

What I'm confused by with the whole bluesky thing is if they want to be a fully pledged professional brand they why do the constantly copy CND Shellac.

They copy all the colours. When CND brings out new shellac colours you can be guaranteed bluesky are right behind them with the same colours and they still use the Shellac colour names. They are still a copy cat brand. They aren't a product in their own right like shellac, gelish, ink etc and I don't think they will ever be no matter what they do.

I think the bottom line is, all bluesky product is produced in one factory in China, some bought by the newly fledged "pro" bluesky company, some bought by the copy cat eBay companies ... It's the same stuff

And the woman michaela from the new 'pro' bluesky company confirmed that

So make of that what you will ...

I remember the Bluesky UK Launch thread. I was disappointed with it tbh.... I think it got locked in the end as I went to post on it & couldn't.

It didn't make anything any clearer! The answers from the poster seemed to just be 'because it is' and 'because i said so' (or that effect) I think, had the distributor spent a little bit of time reading all the Bluesky threads on here, she could have complied a list of all the gripes with it. She could have then sought the answers so she could have shot all the negativity down in flames, but she didnt. She seemed quite unprepared for the onslaught & I think that was rather silly! A quick look at any Bluesky thread brings up the same remarks/ opinions.Not a very well thought out marketing campaign lol.

The poster clearly thought highly of the products and truly believe they are bringing the brand up to scratch , but she did seem rather out of her depth as most of the posters that followed the post are still non the wiser haha!

Just to add, I'm neither for or against BS, I just concentrate on my own lil empire & don't worry what 'er down the road is doing <3

Bluesky and CCO are very polarizing topics here in SG, and rightfully so, since it hits at the heart of what it means to be professional.

My work has been in training and moving NSS and borderline NSS into the realm of professionals. I continue to advise my clients to avoid brands like Bluesky and CCO.Although the one promoted here is Bluesky UK, it is a distributor of Bluesky. That is important because although they are apparently not selling the Bluesky Shellac, Bluesky continues to make and market it as seen in this company website - http://www.blueskynail.com/products_index/&FrontColumns_navigation01-topnavFirstColumnId=81.html. There are still no MSDS on either the Bluesky UK or the Bluesky company website. Bluesky, like most Chinese cosmetics products, is not cruelty-free and is tested on animals. Bluesy UK has not provided certification that it is cruelty-free despite a number of requests here. There is some argument as to whether it continues to be a counterfeit brand, but it is clear that it is not a professional product. Both Bluesky UK and Bluesky continue to sell directly to consumers. A professional product is one that is marketed to professionals, provides education and marketing support for professionals, advertises in professional media, and generally supports the professionals of the trade. I find it hard to buy from a company whose raison d'être is to tell consumers that they can buy their product and do as good a job as a trained professional. While anyone can buy anything in an open market, it is the focus of the company/product that makes a product professional and it is the combination of a professional product used by a professional tech that makes for a professional service.

Bluesky had to be sued by CND and HNH to remove “Shellac” and “Gelish” from their products; they used (stole?) the graphic identity of other brands; they inundated Amazon and eBay selling directly to consumers; they provide no associated products and no support to professionals (and still don’t- the training is for those with no previous experience). Every professional is free to make her own choices.

Yet another great reply @NancySyd.

I get a lot of pleasure reading your informative, measured and calm responses x

I fail to see how blue sky can all of a sudden be OK to use and everyone's conscience is clear just because they have rebranded ?! Either you have standards or you don't?!
People now days are just as fickle as the rest of the world is a crying shame!

Ashleigh Nicole
Have we put you off bluesky by any chance

Only this week I had a client cancel her future Shellac appointments as her daughter bought a lamp and Bluesky kit and now does nails that last longer than 2 weeks! So does glue love, but that don't make it good for your nails! Had to laugh! Says it all really :rolleyes:

Only this week I had a client cancel her future Shellac appointments as her daughter bought a lamp and Bluesky kit and now does nails that last longer than 2 weeks! So does glue love, but that don't make it good for your nails! Had to laugh! Says it all really :rolleyes:

Lol bad times

I've been doing a small amount of research and came across this:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 168
Yes they ." Blue sky uk" do not test on animals BUT the manufacturers DO.
If it's made in China by law it is to be tested.

It's up to you the individual if you choose to be apart of this company by using blue sky or not.

Personally there are so many more reputable companies from which to choose from I can't see why one would risk it with a company who has so many bad reviews.

I've been doing a small amount of research and came across this:

All gel polish is 3 free.

With regards to the animal testing denial it was apparent from an earlier thread that their entire due diligence amounted to a quick Google. They know no more about the manufacturing environment and protocol than we do. The statements are unsubstantiated and worthless.

To return to the original question I am genuinely incredulous that someone would invest in a salon and consider stocking it.

Aligning the salon image with a company that manufactures fakes & is universally mocked seems counter intuitive.

A brand should market for you, attract discerning affluent clients & enhance your reputation by association. Bluesky does the opposite on all fronts.

Last edited:
Ashleigh Nicole
Have we put you off bluesky by any chance
haha yes, I have been away and when I have just logged in it's taken me a while to read through all this thread! but I have found it very informative thanks guys. I'm going with ink London. x

Latest posts

Back