Bluesky newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disgusted with myself but just purchased two bluesky gel polish to see what the fuss is about!!

Gonna use it with gelish top and base though! Not on clients, just on me!!

I did the same as you i got some bluesky mood changing gel polish off ebay as a friend had some and was raving about it as a nail tech i should look into what potential clients are using same as new nail trends. my thoughts on it, it was gloopy to put on and the smell was awful and removal took ages and ended up filing most of it off however the colour was lovely. but now i know what it's like from personal experience how can i tell a client if something is bad if I've not tried it myself.
this is just my opinion some people like it same as professional products some people like cnd some like other products.
so don't be disgusted you're being curious.

I'd never use bluesky on a client if it's unregulated, just like I wouldn't use any other unregulated product. I think sometimes we're swayed towards (or away from) certain products by word of mouth or people's experiences on here. There's nothing to say these experiences are accurate though.

Acrylic and hard gels stink and need to be soaked longer than shellac but people still use them...

Each to their own I suppose

Kasey590 your work looks fab. Can I ask what App you use to put the wording around the nails in your pictures. Thanks :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey chick!! I actually don't know what it's called and my iPad just died. It's an app I use on there though. Once it's charged I'll check it and let you know but it doesn't have it's full name on the screen it's only got AM as an abbreviation??? Not sure!!!

Hey chick!! I actually don't know what it's called and my iPad just died. It's an app I use on there though. Once it's charged I'll check it and let you know but it doesn't have it's full name on the screen it's only got AM as an abbreviation??? Not sure!!!

Thanks I think it looks really nice :)

Personally for, and ever discussing this with friends I wouldn't want to go and pay a qualified nail technician to use products that I could easily buy myself without the relevant knowledge or qualifications.
If I was to get my nails done I would expect professional products to be used that can only be purchased by professionals.

I am not slating anyone who chooses to use BlueSky but I will not be using the product when i start mobile

If you click on the app it'll more than likely give you the full name of it when you open it :) x

Beauty by Gabrielle

Before I looked into becoming a nail tech I had my nails done by a newbie who used blue sky i didn't know nothing about it. She raved about her product, she also told me it costs her £15 a bottle she had tried other brands but value sky suited her better to use. It did really smell when she applied it and when I put my hand under the UV light my nail fold/ cuticle area burnt/stung. I went home and researched the product to find it was infact £3 a bottle and all the other info above.
I am currently training with Nail Harmony and I can't wait to become a tech I will only be using Gelish and products I have trained it I want to be able to give my clients the best products and care.

I love bluesky. It's jst a gel polish :) I do all my work with Bluesky and I have never ever had a problem with any clients, my colour range is fantastic and it wears better than most of the other brands I've tried. Its bad removal that causes bad nails. At the end of the day if the prep is fine and the removal is fine then there are no problems. :) atleast I have never had any hahah!! This is just some of my work with it:

No critisim of your work but if you use bluesky and are proud to use it why dont you name it on your work instead of 'gel polish' or 'shellac'?

Just wondering?
:)

No critisim of your work but if you use bluesky and are proud to use it why dont you name it on your work instead of 'gel polish' or 'shellac'?

Just wondering?
:)

I've just read through this thread and was thinking the same.

Some say gel polish and some say shellac. Are the shellac ones actually CND Shellac Kasey590?

I don't need to name my brand on my work lol. Want me to put the name of the brush I used? The name of the brand of alcohol wipes or the name of the lamp used too? It's irrelevant and your nit picking :) as the old age argument goes shellac/gel polish, after using CND Shellac and Gelish, I see absolutely ZERO difference if it's all done and applied properly :)

By the way, regardless of what I use, my work is fantastic and I get better wear and I have better results than most of the techs that I know that use the CND brand of gel polish :)

And also I buy my bottles for between $xxx and $xxx depending on the gel polish itself. I charge $25 for plain colour, one colour. And $30 for art inclusive nails. I am booked out weeks in advance, I never ever have a problem with removal, application or anything. It comes down to the techs application of the product. If you don't do it properly you're going to ruin someone's nails. I have used Epic Nail and Blue Sky for ages and have never once had a problem or a complaint. In actual fact I've had the opposite :) I've had nothing but positives!

But this page is RUN by CND brand people so of course you'll expect a brand bashing :) I think if your our own research and TRY to make it work then you'll have success. If you look for flaws and constantly try to bag people who do things differently than you, you'll fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
But you have named a brand by using the word shellac on them. So the question was are they CND Shellac or are you doing what it is that people have an issue with and using the shellac brand name when you aren't using that product?

It's not a bashing, it's a question.

I'm kind of confused to what this post is actually about.

"I bought some bluesky and used it."

Whoop whoop!

Then we go off again about whether it's any good or not. Regardless of who runs this site, many different professional brands are talked about and recommended by many different geeks. The key word here being professional.

I really don't give a monkeys if someone uses Blue sky but I'm so bored reading about how either crap or great it is.

Most posts have a point but I'm a bit lost as to the point of this one!

Vic x

Hi, just a quick question @Kasey590 do you have any problems with removing bluesky? I have been thinking of trying it. Also do you use their base and topcoat? thankyou xx

One of the salons here offers bluesky as well as CND Shellac (They tell you which is which and are totally open about it).

I've personally never had a problem with bluesky. I will sometimes have it done if they don't have the shellac colour i want.

I've never had so much as a chip and they always last me just fine too.

But this page is RUN by CND brand people so of course you'll expect a brand bashing

This kind of cheap comment really grinds my gears. I don't run the site - the community does and has done for 13 years (long before I started Sweet Squared) so there should be plenty of comments of mine you can comb through to find me "bashing" another product. Good luck with that.

Saying that, I will happily bash a product that tries to pass off as another and sells to your customer just as happily as they sell to you (for the same price even). I think it cheapens and devalues every professional out there.

Its sort of like seeing a thread in the hair forum talking about how they bought Tresseme.

This kind of cheap comment really grinds my gears. I don't run the site - the community does and has done for 13 years (long before I started Sweet Squared) so there should be plenty of comments of mine you can comb through to find me "bashing" another product. Good luck with that.

Saying that, I will happily bash a product that tries to pass off as another and sells to your customer just as happily as they sell to you (for the same price even). I think it cheapens and devalues every professional out there.

Its sort of like seeing a thread in the hair forum talking about how they bought Tresseme.
@The Geek just curious, what is sweet squared? I know it's on this app but is it a distribution for cnd or something else?

Yup. We are the UK and IE exclusive distributors for CND, Minx, MoroccanTan, Waxperts, Lecente.

I started SalonGeek as a hobby at the back end of 2002. Up until we started S2, we paid for the upkeep out of our own pocket but naturally transferred that expense to the company when that started which is really the only reason the S2 name is on here - it pays for the site. Otherwise it doesn't have anything to do with SalonGeek.com

Hope that helps.

Yup. We are the UK and IE exclusive distributors for CND, Minx, MoroccanTan, Waxperts, Lecente.

I started SalonGeek as a hobby at the back end of 2002. Up until we started S2, we paid for the upkeep out of our own pocket but naturally transferred that expense to the company when that started which is really the only reason the S2 name is on here - it pays for the site. Otherwise it doesn't have anything to do with SalonGeek.com

Hope that helps.
I see :) I did wonder if you owned cnd lol well that was a fantastic idea to make this site :) I think we'd all agree :) I'm off to look at your website now lol

I have seen no gel ll bashing, or gelish or many of the other professional nail products discussed on here, but then I have never had an unqualified client manage to buy these products and apply them to herself. My client actually thought she was using the same 'Shellac' as me but thought I had a special remover as she struggles to get hers off.

I hope to goodness no nail pros on here are using bluesky while complaining about other nail techs charging £10 for cheap knock off nail treatments. It's a little bit like multi level marketing. If your clients can buy it and do it themselves, why would they come to you.

This is a pro site and bluesky isn't a pro product however you try and dress it up.

I really don't care what people use, but be sure that you know how fellow professionals view it!

Vic x

Latest posts

Back