Bluesky newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose the question is why didn't you use a lower price but still professional gel polish like Gellux or artistic for example?
beacuse i tried them too and didnt like them gellux was terrible didnt last a day on me and had many clients say it didnt last too.

Gellux is amazing, lasts 2 weeks plus...if nail is prepped and the gel system is used correctly ;)

Looking to purchase a Gel polish to use on clients which is best Gelish or Shellac or ???

Gellux is one of the more long lasting gel polishes. You must have prepped, applied or cured it incorrectly.
Bluesky is knock off shellac right? Well is shellac is less hard wearing as its a power polish so is it not actually like it?

such a great comment! I know the post is very old, but do you use bluesky top/base coat or another make?
A client wants a specific colour I have in bluesky but I use gellux

Firstly I'd like to mention I am fully nvq qualified I've trained with opi and CND and I've been in the industry for 4 years.

I started off using CND shellac loved it I worked and lived in Hertfordshire made a fabulous business.
I decided to try and few different gels over the first 2 years, opi gel, gelish, ibd and bio gel.

I've tried them all on my own nails and my clients.

CND was the best although lasted at very most 3-4 days on my rubbish nails.

I moved back to the West Midlands in 2013 and went back to my old faithful CND shellac but where I live now (near Wolverhampton) prices are rubbish i was having to charge basically half the price I was in Hertfordshire bearing in mind the products cost the same and the time it took was the same. I was earning about £5-£6 for each set I did which was terrible I wasn't hardly earning anything. One day I went to another girl to have my toes done in gel because I'd hurt my hip and couldn't get down to do my toes. She used bluesky and I like many others thought it was rubbish but after having it on my toes for 5 weeks I was I must say impressed. It lasted well never pealed or chipped, it was a lovely glittery shiny colour. So I bought myself a few to try and test on close friends family and every one said it was lovely some even got longer wear from it that CND. So I bought more and more and now I don't even have any CND anymore I have over 35 colours now when I could only have about 12-14 CND because of my earnings I couldn't justify keep spending so much I wasn't making enough profit. If I upped my prices I hardly got anyone in because the prices where too high for my area. If I was a big salon or a spa yes I can charge those prices but as a home based and mobile small business charging spa prices was just out of the question. Not one of my clients have said a bad word I have not had one person say it wasn't any good in 3 months and I'm busier than ever. Everyone says how lovely it is and I can now charge the area average and make a decent profit. I use all CND prep things and oils ect because they are brilliant but I use bluesky Polish. Some of my clients who have had trouble with it lifting off in the past due to weak nails have kept bluesky on longer.

I put bluesky on my nails and it's lasted 3 times as long as any brand I've ever tried and I've tried a lot. I've literally never had any problems at all

I know in this site you all love CND and I do too but I am pleased with bluesky and so are my customers and as long as my customers are happy so am I. After all I do it for money and to see my customers happy so I'm not ashamed to say I use bluesky don't knock it until you've tried and and keep an open mind. Some people go into something thinking it's rubbish so no matter what they won't change their silly close minded point of view.
such a great comment! I know the post is very old, but do you use bluesky top/base coat or another make?
A client wants a specific colour I have in bluesky but I use gellux

Firstly I'd like to mention I am fully nvq qualified I've trained with opi and CND and I've been in the industry for 4 years.

I started off using CND shellac loved it I worked and lived in Hertfordshire made a fabulous business.
I decided to try and few different gels over the first 2 years, opi gel, gelish, ibd and bio gel.

I've tried them all on my own nails and my clients.

CND was the best although lasted at very most 3-4 days on my rubbish nails.

I moved back to the West Midlands in 2013 and went back to my old faithful CND shellac but where I live now (near Wolverhampton) prices are rubbish i was having to charge basically half the price I was in Hertfordshire bearing in mind the products cost the same and the time it took was the same. I was earning about £5-£6 for each set I did which was terrible I wasn't hardly earning anything. One day I went to another girl to have my toes done in gel because I'd hurt my hip and couldn't get down to do my toes. She used bluesky and I like many others thought it was rubbish but after having it on my toes for 5 weeks I was I must say impressed. It lasted well never pealed or chipped, it was a lovely glittery shiny colour. So I bought myself a few to try and test on close friends family and every one said it was lovely some even got longer wear from it that CND. So I bought more and more and now I don't even have any CND anymore I have over 35 colours now when I could only have about 12-14 CND because of my earnings I couldn't justify keep spending so much I wasn't making enough profit. If I upped my prices I hardly got anyone in because the prices where too high for my area. If I was a big salon or a spa yes I can charge those prices but as a home based and mobile small business charging spa prices was just out of the question. Not one of my clients have said a bad word I have not had one person say it wasn't any good in 3 months and I'm busier than ever. Everyone says how lovely it is and I can now charge the area average and make a decent profit. I use all CND prep things and oils ect because they are brilliant but I use bluesky Polish. Some of my clients who have had trouble with it lifting off in the past due to weak nails have kept bluesky on longer.

I put bluesky on my nails and it's lasted 3 times as long as any brand I've ever tried and I've tried a lot. I've literally never had any problems at all

I know in this site you all love CND and I do too but I am pleased with bluesky and so are my customers and as long as my customers are happy so am I. After all I do it for money and to see my customers happy so I'm not ashamed to say I use bluesky don't knock it until you've tried and and keep an open mind. Some people go into something thinking it's rubbish so no matter what they won't change their silly close minded point of view.
Reading through all of these..lovely comments! Do you use blue sky top/base coat?

Hi Amy,
I have multiple blue sky polishes (and a couple cnd, opi, and gellux)
I use the specific base and top for each system, I have blue sky no wipe top coat and soak off base coat (and the velvet top).

Blue sky colours are based on a lot of shellac colours, but it is a gel polish rather then a hybrid, and whilst gellux is the only thing that stays stuck to my nails recently (artistic lifted and came off in 2 days!) many people's nails I do get 2-3 weeks out of bluesky easy.

Latest posts

Back