body wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenrose

Reaction score
Looking into doing a body wrap course as theres 1 next week I can go on.
Are these popular? How much roughly do you charge for them? xx

When I worked in Spas they were very popular and around £50 depending on the type and length of treatment.

I love doing wraps but choose not to do them when I started renting a room as apart from not having a shower I just felt it was more of a spa treatment and wouldn't be suited to my business (treatment room in hair salon)

I know some people just use mitts to remove the product but as a therapist and a client I prefer to shower the product off so I know every last trace is removed !

Personally I would invest the money into something else, I think it would take you a while to make your money back.

Hmmm I didnt think about the shower part! I also rent out a hair salon and theres no shower!
Thanks for that!

Look into the different types of body wrap, as you dont need a shower to complete all of them.

Im going to call them up later today and ask the procedure for their wrap course and see if I would be able to manage it in my salon!
Its with carlton institute if anybody has done their course?

I offer the dermalogica wraps but i hardly ever do them, I dont have a shower and it can be a bit fiddly using the mitts especially if your exfoliating first! As bombini said I think they are more suited to spas as you have all the facilities. You could do some research, ask your regular massage and facial clients if they would consider wraps and if most say yes then maybe go on the course :) xx

I did the body wrap course at Carlton institute about 6 montsh ago. They advertised it as a 1 1/2 hr long course - which was of course not long enough - i was there for about 2 and half and i still didnt think it was long enough- i felt it was far too rushed.
On the other hand though the products they use, you leave on the skin so no need to worry about showers etc and i have done it several times on various family members (practicing!) and they have loved it - my sister who has just had a baby lost sereval inches which she was very happy about! :)

I did the body wrap course at Carlton institute about 6 montsh ago. They advertised it as a 1 1/2 hr long course - which was of course not long enough - i was there for about 2 and half and i still didnt think it was long enough- i felt it was far too rushed.
On the other hand though the products they use, you leave on the skin so no need to worry about showers etc and i have done it several times on various family members (practicing!) and they have loved it - my sister who has just had a baby lost sereval inches which she was very happy about! :)

Thanks for the info! Where about do you do the treatments? On your beauty couch?
Is it good products you get in the kit from carlton? It didnt tell you alot about it on the website!

their are different types of body wraps, I do a few, not sure what Carlton use so can't comment.

I do like the algae wrap from house of famuir and their is a version (that I use) that doesn't need a shower. Its about £100 set up for the exfoliating peel, algae gel and refreshing massage oil all with algae in it.

Thanks for the info! Where about do you do the treatments? On your beauty couch?
Is it good products you get in the kit from carlton? It didnt tell you alot about it on the website!

You stand the client up legs apart and apply the products, then wrap them in the body contour bandages and lie them down on the couch for 45 mins., In this time you can offer a complimentary facial or do eye treatments etc. Then you unwrap them, take their measurements and off they go...hopefully having shed a few inches!
Carlton taught me with Thalassagel products which i googled straight after the lesson (as id never heard of!) and they seem quite widely used...
x

I looked at doing a body wrap course with Carlton in Stockport as that is where I am from and know the area well. I booked the flights then before I could book the course, Carlton changed the date!!! Not impressed.

I am doing body wraps using the ionithermie products, i have also taken on the whole ionithermie system but for just a body wrap concentrating on one area i will charge £30 for a 45 minute treatment, i do have shower facilities however i had this done on me a couple of days ago and it felt amazing, i could still feel the products working about 3 hrs after it was removed. I didnt need to have a shower either.

You stand the client up legs apart and apply the products, then wrap them in the body contour bandages and lie them down on the couch for 45 mins., In this time you can offer a complimentary facial or do eye treatments etc. Then you unwrap them, take their measurements and off they go...hopefully having shed a few inches!
Carlton taught me with Thalassagel products which i googled straight after the lesson (as id never heard of!) and they seem quite widely used...
x

Thanks for that! Took the plunge and booked onto the course on monday!
Im going to the manchester show so I will have a look there for products and if not will order from Carlton!

bio slimming do a body wrap system maybe try them also for info?
px

I looked into that already but cant justify spending £600 on something I dont know if I will make any money back on

Hmmm I didnt think about the shower part! I also rent out a hair salon and theres no shower!
Thanks for that!
You can use different products that don't need shower.

Eve Taylor do wonderful spa body treatments that don’t require showering, it sounds to me that it’s more like a detox inchloss type of thing you are going for, so based on my experience there are lots of companies that say you can leave the product on the skin to further the benefits etc. Totally depends on your salon set up and client base as well.

I use the universal body wrap but I haven't done one in years despite it being on my website. Personally I think the demand for this has gone.

Latest posts

Back