Booked a training course...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffle

Reaction score
Hi all, I've booked a nail technician training course with Nail & Beauty School. They train all over the place, but I've arranged my days in Northampton & Peterborough.

They mainly use Millenium products on the course, and recommend Professional Beauty Direct to get insurance (upon passing the course they give you an 'accredited certificate' to get this insurance).

As I'm new to all of this, I just wondered what Millenium are like, and if anyone else has trained with NABS. :)

i live in northampton, but i havent heard of that school. do you know where it is located?

Hi, the office is in Nottingham and they hold the training at various places around. The Northampton one is held at Cripps Recreation Centre, Cliftonville - I don't know it.

Do you have any experience of Millenium at all? Thanks for your reply....:)

is the Nottingham office in West Bridgford?

sounds like who I completed training with last week :D

aah, nope sorry, different one.

Although mine did use Millenium products. They were ok, performed fine during the course, but I use NSI personally, and to start I got confused over their products compared to mine lol.

Last edited:
Ah that's a shame. I'll see how it goes on the course then with Millenium. If I decide to change products, am I right in thinking I'd need a conversion course with whoever I changed to?

I don't know if you HAVE to, I'm sure someone will advise.

I'm going to go with for further training, once I've saved. I've got the bug now lol. I was thinking of CND, Young Nails or NSI, but seeing as I'm using NSI products, maybe them.

You will have to do a conversion course to use another company's products because all systems are different. I used millenium for a few year and then did a conversion course with CND last year. I prefare Cnd for quality and training. The products are lovely and really easy to use with excellent results. Why don't you get some trial kits from a few different companies and try them out before you decide. Hlp:)

Thanks for the advice everyone, will see how it goes and maybe get some trial kits. :)

You will have to do a conversion course to use another company's products because all systems are different. I used millenium for a few year and then did a conversion course with CND last year. I prefare Cnd for quality and training. The products are lovely and really easy to use with excellent results. Why don't you get some trial kits from a few different companies and try them out before you decide. Hlp:)
Hiya, can I just ask what you mean by, doing a conversion course to use another companys products? In what way, do you mean before they'll sell to you?

Just wondering because I bought the NSI Attractions professional kit before I qualified. Because I knew I was going to be persuing this and wanted to practice before I went on the course.

My training was with Millennium products but I'm still sticking to NSI.

Soz, I do confuse easily lol. Theres so much info going into my brain at the minute, I sometimes get overload ;)

Hiya waxcetera, can I ask what training you did? I found it really hard deciding who to train with/qualifications etc.

I did the UV Gel and the Acrylics course. Both included nail extensions and sculpting was covered. Theres lots of others, I want to do the manicure one too, but I feel further technique training is what I want. Hopefully 1 to 1 training.

Was the course a few days or longer? Mine is 4 days in total but you can split them, which I am doing.

I've personally used millennium products after seeing them at beauty shows and thought i'd try them out but infortunately they really dont compare to the big names such as CND or NSI. i personally used NSI attraction for liquid and powder as i really like the system and i also trained with them too

Thanks for that Vicky. So if I decide to try another brand, I can't just switch - I need to do a course with them? Beginning to think I should have booked a course using different products, no-one has said they've stuck with Millenium yet!

Hiya, can I just ask what you mean by, doing a conversion course to use another companys products? In what way, do you mean before they'll sell to you?

Just wondering because I bought the NSI Attractions professional kit before I qualified. Because I knew I was going to be persuing this and wanted to practice before I went on the course.

My training was with Millennium products but I'm still sticking to NSI.

Soz, I do confuse easily lol. Theres so much info going into my brain at the minute, I sometimes get overload ;)

Well what I mean is some you can't buy from some companies unless you do a training course with them or hold a nail tech certificate. Most acrylic systems are applied differently so to get the correct mix ratio and application method you would need to be shown how to apply it properely for the best results. Put it this way Millenium and Cnd are completely different systems to use.Hth.:)

Latest posts

Back