Botox/sweating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel fingers

Reaction score
i know that one of my clients has had botox regularly to control underarm sweating.
does anyone know if you have it on yor face it will stop facial sweating.

my face is always hot especially when i bend over and i get a lot of sweat, visible too. its really embarassing and inconvenient.
could botox be the answer?

I have this problem too ,Ive looked into treatment ages ago , they said

something about surgery at the time , but I didnt really fancy some of

that, anyhow I ve done a search on google as Im interested too in this

problem ..try this website..www.sweathelp.org and also this one ..*Harley

St London Cosmetic* Doctors Botox 2 Area/£160 Offers

Last edited:
Don't get surgery! It involves colapsing your lungs and it's not worth the health risk!

Wear a sweat band :lol:

they were talking about botox in the sweat glands on ch5 this morning the wright stuff had a dr on ... apparently very painful and there are some 100 odd sweat glads in underarms ... 100 injections yowch ... blocks the glads for upto 6 months and quite expensive

hey didnt one of the guys have it done (sharon osbornes nephew ?) on the tv programme The Salon ... he looked very uncomfortable as i remember lol
:eek:

kx

You can get it on the NHS if you have the right doctor!

I don't have a sweat problem more of a sweat phobia and my doctor offered me the botox & i refused due to the pain and surgery was my 2nd offer which i accepted and then changed my mind on the day of the operation as the doctor informed me my lungs would be collapsed during the op, chest drains would be put in for 2 weeks after the op to save me drowning and that after the op you sweat more in other places to compensate - Usually your back and chest! Not attractive in a woman!

So i feel strongly about not messing with your body's anti heat mechanism x

I would discuss this with your doctor hun...there might be another option for you or/even there may be another reason for the sweating...maybe a health issue that couldn't be easily fixed.

Hey, I used to suffer from hyperhidrosis - underarms. I tried everything apart from botox, and nothing worked, I was prescribed driclor by my doctor which made my underarms so sore. I then came across a product online called perspi-guard, I'm not usually one to purchase things online as you can never be sure, but I read all the reviews and thought I would give it a try, for £8.00, from the manufacturer > www.buyinconfidence.com

It has changed my life, simply put it on before bed, and for 5 days you get no signs of sweating.
I know this post was about facial sweating but I just thought I would mention this incase any of you guys, or anyone you know,suffers from this, as this product really does work...

hth

xxxxxx :lol:

The problem with most of these things is they contain large quantities of Aluminium Chloride which most people can handle in small doses in deoderants but in these high doses can cause extrame pain, blisters etc

Driclor is well known for this: The first night hurts, the 2nd night reaaaly hurts and the third night peels the skin off you!

So i would be carefull! Consult your doctor before trying things as they will check for an allergy before you cover yourself in a potentially dangerous chemical!

Botox is one answer, I've seen one woman get it (on her forhead) before her wedding since she would sweat all her makeup off. She was very pleased with the results since she did not sweat at all, and her face was tighter/firmer.

You can also try laser which temporarily disables the sweat follicle by damaging it. I had this on my underarms for hair removal, but I had a HUGE decrease in sweating for a few months. (I'm a sweater too).

You can also have surgery to remove some of the sweat glands. This you could research since I've heard nothing about it, just know it's an option.

Good luck! let me know what works for you.

good to know there are options. if botox will work for my sweaty face it would be good to have the extra benefit of the smoothing.

Im having it for my hands & feet ..... They are always wet through and the excessive sweating causes my body to cool down too much so im always freezing....

i ordered some of this (which is on special at the moment) and i have to say it arrived quickly, ive tried it already and so far its amazing !

thank you

kx

Hey, I used to suffer from hyperhidrosis - underarms. I tried everything apart from botox, and nothing worked, I was prescribed driclor by my doctor which made my underarms so sore. I then came across a product online called perspi-guard, I'm not usually one to purchase things online as you can never be sure, but I read all the reviews and thought I would give it a try, for £8.00, from the manufacturer > www.buyinconfidence.com

It has changed my life, simply put it on before bed, and for 5 days you get no signs of sweating.
I know this post was about facial sweating but I just thought I would mention this incase any of you guys, or anyone you know,suffers from this, as this product really does work...

hth

xxxxxx :lol:

Hey, I am soooo glad it has helped you!! Like i said, it changed my life, without getting sore underarms.

Love Jen xx

thanks jen - im going to order some more as they have their items on special at the moment ... no sore bits here (yet) xx

Hey, I am soooo glad it has helped you!! Like i said, it changed my life, without getting sore underarms.

Love Jen xx

So does this perspi-guard stuff not wash off when you wash? And how does it feel when you have it on? Does it feel all blocked or heavy at all? IYKWIM Lx

So does this perspi-guard stuff not wash off when you wash? And how does it feel when you have it on? Does it feel all blocked or heavy at all? IYKWIM Lx

Hey,
No it doesnt wash off once it is on. It lasts as long as your body can last without sweating, i apply it every 5 days, and will always shave (i cant wax my underarms) the day before i re-apply it. No, my underarms feel the same as they did before i started using it, I do use a light moisturiser though sometimes as I previously used something called Driclor which really dried them out - im not going through that again. But so far, 4 months down the line, no reaction, and very very impressed. :green:

same here - i have my underarms waxed and due probably in couple of weeks so will find out what happens then ?

i have started going to the gym every morning 6 days a week and really get hot and sweaty ... but my underarms are fine ?! shower no deodrant perfume - its so weird but am loving it so far !

cant thank you enough jen this really has changed my life as i tend to get really really hot especially in the salon even though i have air conditioning

kx

Hey,
No it doesnt wash off once it is on. It lasts as long as your body can last without sweating, i apply it every 5 days, and will always shave (i cant wax my underarms) the day before i re-apply it. No, my underarms feel the same as they did before i started using it, I do use a light moisturiser though sometimes as I previously used something called Driclor which really dried them out - im not going through that again. But so far, 4 months down the line, no reaction, and very very impressed. :green:

same here - i have my underarms waxed and due probably in couple of weeks so will find out what happens then ?

i have started going to the gym every morning 6 days a week and really get hot and sweaty ... but my underarms are fine ?! shower no deodrant perfume - its so weird but am loving it so far !

cant thank you enough jen this really has changed my life as i tend to get really really hot especially in the salon even though i have air conditioning

kx

I know! its amazing isnt it! I had a job interview a couple of weeks ago, very intense..but had nothing atalll!!! :green:
I am excited for you as this will change your life. LOL maybe i should go and work for perspi guard...:confused:
xxxxxxx

Hi, my name is Scott and I am the brand owner and MD for Perspi-Guard antiperspirant. We have been receiving hundreds of visits from Salon Geek forums and was wondering if any salon owners would be interested in selling Perspi-Guard in their salons?

We can give excellent margins and will provide POS material to assist with sales. Sales would also be backed by our national advertising campaign.

If you are a salon owner, please contact me on [email protected] for more information.

Jennabutler, please email also.

Thanks,

Scott.

I know! its amazing isnt it! I had a job interview a couple of weeks ago, very intense..but had nothing atalll!!! :green:
I am excited for you as this will change your life. LOL maybe i should go and work for perspi guard...:confused:
xxxxxxx

hi, I've suffered from excessive underarm sweating for quite some time, I had botox done 3 months ago. It didn't hurt .. slightly uncomfortable (almost like having my eyebrows done ..maybe even less), the whole process was done in 7 mins. the result: WOW ... my life has changed. I can wear whatever blouse i want without thinking twice. (I used to change 4 to 5 tops a day).Anyhow, I'm not sure about the face ... but I'll ask for you (please note that botix can only be injected in certain areas of the face) .
I have used Driclor before, and though there were good results...I had a burning sesation for a couple of hours every time I used it... and my skin sort of cracked. so it wasn;'t really suitable for me.

hope that helps.. will get back to you regarding Botox

Latest posts

Back