Bottom lashes during eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweezerHappy

Reaction score
What do you use to tape down the bottom lashes?

Do you use tape or gel eye pads? I was looking at a video on youtube and their eye pads had a sticky back. The gel pads I've got aren't sticky and I found they moved. I'll try again with them though.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi there,

I've been taught a couple of ways to get those pesky lower lashes out of the way when you do eyelash extensions.
You can tape them down with medical paper tape, this is ok but it looks very painful when you remove it from the clients lashes eventhough they say it isn't.
There are the paper eyepads, I've never used these myself so I can not make an opinion about them.
And then there's the sticky gel looking eyepads you saw on Youtube, these are normally called Q10 collagen eyetreatments or antiwrinkle eyepads. They are a good way for your client to get an eye treatment and an add-on to your eyelash extension service.
My supplier charges me approx $3(Aus) each and recommends I charge my client $10(Aus).
I like them because they are quick and easy to use, you can add them into the price of your treatment and have it as a unique service you do.
I'm not sure why your gel eyepads don't stick because I would have thought the moisture of the gel would cause a vacuum on the skin and cause them to stay put.:confused:
If you are anything like me I always forget to turn a corner over on the medical tape and the next time I go to use it, it takes me forever to find the end of the tape :o

I hope this helped :)

With the eye pads I saw on youtube the woman removed the backing so that they would stick. Like a plaster/band aid. The one's I've got don't have a sticky backing but are gel so don't move loads, but not staying in place, IYGWIM.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi, I use the gel eye pads you are talking about. Mine come from Lash Perfect who I trained with. They are anti wrinkle and have a clear peel off backing to them. Clients say their under eyes feel lovely after the treatment. I think Lash Perfect sell to therapists that haven't trained with them but you will have to check
Regards

Heather

Last edited:
Iuse a gel pad, then a criss cross of micropore tape over the pad. This works in two ways, it holds the gel pad in place, and also catches any tiny lower lashes that have escaped!

I use Nexcare Absolute waterproof foam tape. I precut the roll into 1 1/2" strips and cut a crescent on one side. I use a little jojoba oil below the lashline (not too close-you don't want it near the lashes). If a few baby lashes peek out, I will cover them with the white micropore tape. I love it and it is very economical. I used to use the gel eye pads, but would occasionally have someone come away with red, irritated eyes. The Nexcare tape removes very easily too!

Latest posts

Back