Bounced Cheque!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way! I recently found two cheques in an old diary from two years ago for £75 each. I called the bank to make sure that the six month rule still stood and I was really surprised when they told me to pay them in as all cheques are scanned along the bottom nowadays and the date is ignored. Sure enough they cleared.

The cashier always checks the cheques at my bank and they won't accept them if they are out of date but Kim what the heck is your banking system like???? :)Two year old cheques not banked?????:eek:

My business account is with Nat West and they have informed me as of early 2011 they will no longer accept cheques.

Hey! I've completely stopped dealing with cheques, and only deal with cash or card transactions, as a lot of the time, the cheques I was dealing with were bouncing. I found people were only ever paying by cheque because they didn't have the money in their account, and wanted to delay paying by a few days.

I would go careful with the new cheque she has sent you, as she may be trying to do the same thing over again. If it bounced once, then it could bounce again. However if this happens, simply politely ask her to return to the salon and pay in cash.

I had one client who sent me four cheques that bounced before eventually I had to ask her politely to come to the salon and pay by cash, and pay the extra charges from the bank.

These days everyone has a card, so as long as you have a card machine, the transactions should be no problem for anyone.

hope any of this helped!

I struck a deal with 3 different credit card companies, flat rate of 1%. No need nowadys to accept cheques, we flat out refuse them. It has never been an issue.

I have spoken to my client and hopefully my money is coming to me. I am not taking any cheques anymore, was too akward to bring it up and I felt embarassed asking!

How could anyone knowingly issue a dud cheque for what is quite honestly a luxury you could live without? If it was food, children's Christmas presents,still wrong, but you could see why..... but for a beauty treatment???
By the way I listened to an interview last week with a Bank of England representative who thought that cheques might be - wait for it- replaced by another paper form of payment. That would be a cheque then.

How could anyone knowingly issue a dud cheque for what is quite honestly a luxury you could live without? If it was food, children's Christmas presents,still wrong, but you could see why..... but for a beauty treatment???

Easy. We live in a society who thrive on instant gratification, and buy now, pay later. NSF and other fees are just a fact of life for some of them. The only way to protect ourselves is to accept only instant payments.

There is one small thing not accepting cheques, as I am mobile and the cost of the portable card machine seems quite a lot! Most of my clients pay cash but there are a few who like that I only bank them on a Monday so they usually book on a Tuesday, but they have always cleared.

Is any other mobile therapist thinking of getting a portable card machine???

Well I am still waiting for my client to pay :eek:

I am accepting pay pal now for mobile appointments

Hi There

I believe with the increased identity theft and fraud happening everywhere it is only safe to say the best way to avoid it by accepting cash only...

I've had chq's bounce on me..(dont take them anymore) what bugs me is that WE have to inform them ... we shouldn't have to be put in that position....they would have got a letter from the bank too, probably before we did so why don't they ever ring us and inform us that the chq has bounced to save us feeling bad about ringing them..

Latest posts

Back