Boyfriend dilemma - but my fault

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I've caused a bit of a stir here, I do apologize :/

jacquelineanna - no feathers were ruffled lol. I appreciate your honesty.

Like I do with all the opinions, because friends and family tend to be one sided and tell you what you want to hear not should hear. I understand both points of view in this circumstance.

You will all probably tell me off for this, but I've decided not to bring it up. Main reason is he's with me, he sleeps next me every night and comes home to me, so why am I acting like a crazy person? I just had a moment of 'OMG! Why are they here'. Plus like some of you have said they are photo's, and he's a daft innocent fool and has more than likely forgot about them, he doesn't do a tidy out as much I do haha.

Thank you all once again, as I've had the kick up the rear that I needed :) x

That's a great attitude. I think you're absolutely right.

I'd probably be compelled to ask about them and maybe move them to a memory card or something so he still had his pictures but I wouldn't see them. Lol. I am a crazy person though :) xx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

As long as it's not bugging you that's the best way to be, like you said he is with you now :) x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I've kept things from past relationships, my other half doesn't know but if he asked me to get rid of the stuff I wouldn't . we've all had a past, my partners been married before, he told me he's kept a few photos of his wedding so that if his daughter ever asks about mum and dad's wedding day she will have pictures to look at, which I don't have a problem with.
It may sound daft or wrong but the reason why I've kept some of my things is because , when I eventually have my own children , I can show them , that is perfectly fine to fall in love more than once in your life , until you find the one person you want to spend the rest of your life with

I am not of the opinion that reminders of one's past should be deleted or destroyed ... unless the individual themselves wants absolutely no reminder of them.

Who are you ... who are any of us, to say what another person should do with their photographs and memorabilia?

It would be a problem if these things were being displayed all around the house, but they were in a file on the computer.

They are a part of his past ... I have seen lots of facebook albums showing pictures of ex's together - it's ok.

When you are a wife you will have more of a right to ask him to delete them.

This is just my opinion ... I don't expect anyone else to necessarily agree with it and I am not wishing to ruffle your feathers OP :hug:

I totally agree with this. Photos are memories and sometimes exes feature in happy memories, be it a group of mutual friends they had good times with or even something that was going on in their life at the time of the ex that was particularly good.
I still have Greenday CD's in my collection from an ex, no need to bin Greenday! Lol, I have pics of an old "crush/ex" too (I married quite young so only have 1 previous proper exboyfriend and a teenage romance lol) because he is my husbands best mate! He features heavily in our lives n our kids are close to his kids too. Sorry going off the point, haven't read any other comments but I agree we all have a past and there is no point destroying evidence of it unless there is a real reason to. Don't let it worry you, he probably forgot or isn't particularly sentimental over it. Casually mention it but don't make a big deal out of it, 5 years is good going and if you are both happy this isn't worth the hassle x

I have a weirder situation my bfs parents are still close friends with his ex and they have photos of them together around their home when we go visit 😁 it's taken me a few years of silent struggle with it but I've learnt to realise he lives with me and we are happy in our home and long term relationship and his ex still wants him which made me realise he could have been with her but he chose to be with me and she looks desperate 🙈 It is a knock back and emotional to be faced with happy photos of your man with an ex but he loves you and he chose you. Also photos aren't what they appear they may look happy but they are posing for a photo. After time I've come to realise photos aren't always fond memories.

❤️💅

I still go have coffee with my ex from 14 years ago. He was even at my wedding. Got a lovely pick of my hubby and him up in the house somewhere.

I have a weirder situation my bfs parents are still close friends with his ex and they have photos of them together around their home when we go visit 😁 it's taken me a few years of silent struggle with it but I've learnt to realise he lives with me and we are happy in our home and long term relationship and his ex still wants him which made me realise he could have been with her but he chose to be with me and she looks desperate 🙈 It is a knock back and emotional to be faced with happy photos of your man with an ex but he loves you and he chose you. Also photos aren't what they appear they may look happy but they are posing for a photo. After time I've come to realise photos aren't always fond memories.

❤️💅

Oh my god that sounds so difficult! xo

Oh my god that sounds so difficult! xo

Wow! I think that is incredibly insensitive of his parents! I'm not sure I could handle that. I think it's abit unhealthy the parents continue a relationship with the ex girlfriend, and then to still have photos around the house! Jeez!
What does he think of all that? I think you must be a very strong person :) xx

Wow! I think that is incredibly insensitive of his parents! I'm not sure I could handle that. I think it's abit unhealthy the parents continue a relationship with the ex girlfriend, and then to still have photos around the house! Jeez!
What does he think of all that? I think you must be a very strong person :) xx

I thought that... id be so peed off haha x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back