Boyfriend's bad skin/acne

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amberjox

Reaction score
Hi!!

Im asking for help/product advice on my boyfriend's cskin. He is 22 and has had spots for about 5 years. The main problem is under his neck where u can feel lumps under skin that never materialise. He has been to the doctors twice with no joy (2 strong burn your skin off creams). I am trying to get him to go for regular facials. have added a particularly bad pic (after his scratching it). Were in UK atm so have more access to professional products.

Thanks everyone

Xxxx
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi!!

Im asking for help/product advice on my boyfriend's cskin. He is 22 and has had spots for about 5 years. The main problem is under his neck where u can feel lumps under skin that never materialise. He has been to the doctors twice with no joy (2 strong burn your skin off creams). I am trying to get him to go for regular facials. have added a particularly bad pic (after his scratching it). Were in UK atm so have more access to professional products.

Thanks everyone

Xxxx

Attachments

• 1393101396544.jpg
    1393101396544.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
Hi hun
My husband has suffered from acne and we've tried a lot! The best thing he found is a product from boots called pro activ, it's not cheap but it works well. I can tell when he's been using and when he hasn't almost immediately. Worth a try maybe. I know we are here to advise on professional products and we did try several but had best results from that one. Hth

OK thanks!! Anyone else? Xx

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use a machine called ipl pulsar its for permanent hair reduction. Photo rejvenation spider veins acne scaring pigmentation it treats all of these. It is most effective on the acne. Iv done a few clients with acne they have only had 2 sessions and noy needed no more. Google it there will most likely be a salon in your area provide this as it is becoming very popular.
Quite costly tho but well worth it.

Hope this helps

what is he using to shave and how often?

What is his current skin care routine? And what is his commitment level? No point if buying lots of products if he's not going to use them!

what is he using to shave and how often?

What is his current skin care routine? And what is his commitment level? No point if buying lots of products if he's not going to use them!

Unfortunately cant afford the laser but I do think it would be good for him. Hes going to go for consultation I think.

In the past hes used the medicated creams and washes from chemists. Doctor prescribed, we live in Spain so all spanish products. All seem to strip his skin and dry it out loads. Atm just uses a basic avon facewash and wipes to remove grease . Has hardly anything to shave lol, about once a week.

He is deffo committed, wants to sort it.

Thanks for your replies!! :)
Xxxx

In my teen years (4 Years ago) I found a great product was the Garnier dark circles eye roll on - I know it's not meant for spots but it really does do a good job! common sense really, good minerals in your skin, how bad can it be?

Another good one is the foaming tea tree face wash that the body shop sell.

In my teen years (4 Years ago) I found a great product was the Garnier dark circles eye roll on - I know it's not meant for spots but it really does do a good job! common sense really, good minerals in your skin, how bad can it be?

Another good one is the foaming tea tree face wash that the body shop sell.

Ok thanks :) xx

Products bought over the counter are not going to be as active as reputable professional products. Environ skin care is a result driven skin care system and has a range specifically targeting acne and acne scaring. The results are fantastic. These products however can only be purchased from authorised and trained professionals. There are a few of us on here that work with these products squidgernetball is one of them along with myself so depending on what area you are in we may be able to help.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Products bought over the counter are not going to be as active as reputable professional products. Environ skin care is a result driven skin care system and has a range specifically targeting acne and acne scaring. The results are fantastic. These products however can only be purchased from authorised and trained professionals. There are a few of us on here that work with these products squidgernetball is one of them along with myself so depending on what area you are in we may be able to help.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile

I dont understand why so many OTC products have been recommended? Would be an uprising on hair geek lol.

Thank you, im back to Spain this week so will have to rethink or try buy onlinr if poss xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure why OTC products are being recommended either. I have had great success with the Decleor range on acne. The men's cleansing scrub used daily (unless his skin is sore and inflamed, in which case the mattifying cleansing gel is a better bet, using their AHA exfoliator), along with the Men's aromessence and the Aroma Purete moisturiser (which contains Regulating Plant Microspheres that contain a Zinc derivative - the targeted action of the zinc derivative helps to reduce the secreting capacity of the sebaceous glands - along with willow extract to refine the skin's surface, bacteriacidal flower extracts, epilobium to slow down sebum secretion and Ylang Ylag essential oil to purify) seems to be particularly effective when combined to treat many of my clients' sons.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why OTC products are being recommended either. I have had great success with the Decleor range on acne. The men's cleansing scrub used daily (unless his skin is sore and inflamed, in which case the mattifying cleansing gel is a better bet, using their AHA exfoliator), along with the Men's aromessence and the Aroma Purete moisturiser (which contains Regulating Plant Microspheres that contain a Zinc derivative - the targeted action of the zinc derivative helps to reduce the secreting capacity of the sebaceous glands - along with willow extract to refine the skin's surface, bacteriacidal flower extracts, epilobium to slow down sebum secretion and Ylang Ylag essential oil to purify) seems to be particularly effective when combined to treat many of my clients' sons.

Great thank you. Will try the scrub xx

Martin knows his stuff; great advice.

There is also quite a lot of "picking" going on here. Is it worse on the right side, and is he right-handed? Unfortunately it's so tempting but he will be introducing bacteria, which will cause inflammation. He will have to train himself not to do it, as often it becomes an unconscious habit.

Martin knows his stuff; great advice.

There is also quite a lot of "picking" going on here. Is it worse on the right side, and is he right-handed? Unfortunately it's so tempting but he will be introducing bacteria, which will cause inflammation. He will have to train himself not to do it, as often it becomes an unconscious habit.

Yes he is!! I have told him to stop picking but i will now use this thread as proof!! :) He is going to the skin doctor this week (sorry dont know the official title lol) your advice is very appreciated xx

I had bad acne and scars , tried everything but im using jojoba oil n omg my skin is healing over night its amazing

And cheap also .
Put lots on before bed and in the morning the redness and scars are getting less , try amazon for it x

The reason so many OTC stuff is being recommended is because there's so much of it. Acne is got to be the most common skin aliment and one of the hardest to treat. Your boyfriends got the hardest kind to treat the deep under the skin kind. Blu light is really the best right now but sadly it`s scarey over priced. It`s simple bacteria so any cleanser will help I like the Decleor probably the best stuff out there but again can get pricey Cetaphil for acne prone skin will be recommended by any dermatologist it's what I use sadly I'm cursed myself and this is one of the few products I will but less then $20 Canadian and dose the same job as the Decleor but really dose not smell as good.

The reason so many OTC stuff is being recommended is because there's so much of it. Acne is got to be the most common skin aliment and one of the hardest to treat. Your boyfriends got the hardest kind to treat the deep under the skin kind. Blu light is really the best right now but sadly it`s scarey over priced. It`s simple bacteria so any cleanser will help I like the Decleor probably the best stuff out there but again can get pricey Cetaphil for acne prone skin will be recommended by any dermatologist it's what I use sadly I'm cursed myself and this is one of the few products I will but less then $20 Canadian and dose the same job as the Decleor but really dose not smell as good.

I treat with blue light as a boost, it is brilliant, with the designed Environ products for acne and the advanced nutritional programme included in your daily routine to feed the skin from within, acne is now controlled and prevented very easily and so much more effective than topical application alone.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Exposed skin care works the best. It comes from Seattle but it's worth it. Check out their web site.

Latest posts

Back