Brand loyal to CND but...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBx

Reaction score
I have used CND for years and am mega brand loyal! In fact I'm Sweet Squared through and through as also use Waxperts & Moroccan Tan!

I did the full nail course 5 years ago to be able to offer a service to suit clients nails but as a beauty therapist so don't just do nails all day every day so it takes me longer to do L&P or a Brisa Gel service. I just don't have the confidence in myself and therefore can't/don't charge a premium.

I love Shellac and it's a huge chunk on my business BUT it doesn't suit everyone's nails. I've got a handful of clients who just can't get it to last. Some have tried other gel brands like gelish and have found it lasts better. And then there's Nexgen (tip and dip method)! It's huge in the area where I live but I don't want to do it as a) it's not CND and b) it's what you can get done in the local NNS! I just don't see it as a professional brand!

I'm stuck what to do as I have started to notice some of these clients are going elsewhere for their nails. Part of me is trying not to be bothered. But then the other part of me is not wanting to lose their business. Do I look to invest in another product range to help suit the clients who can't get shellac to last. Or do I do more training in hard gel/L&P to build confidence??? I'm stuck!

TIA! Xx

I completely understand your concerns, but think there is nothing wrong in using a different brand alongside CND. I use two brands and it's absolutely fine. One doesn't suit all and if you can regain your customers that way than that can only be a good thing. Try out a few different brands and see how you get on with them. Contact reps. They might come out to you to demonstrate or send you trial kits. All the best.

Latest posts

Back