Brazilian blow dry correction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
Right be prepared, this is gunna be a long one!

I have recently gone mobile and decided to either do Brasilian Blow dry's or extensions on the side of cutting and colouring.... BBD's seemed the better choice as i can already do them and wouldn't have to pay loads to do a training course...
I spoke to my supplier and asked what BBD products they supplied and they said Global Keratin and Keratin Revolution and the recommended to go with Keratin Revolution because it's cheaper and they've had better feedback from it than GK...Who's going to argue with that? not me! so i bought a starter kit for £120 which has 200ml+ of treatment, clarifying shampoo, 1x retail shampoo 1x retail conditioner and a conditioning spray for heat protection when at the ironing process...(this is the bit i found most strange)

I already had a few models lined up, because lets face it, everyone who's heard of a BBD, wants one but can't afford one so with my first (and last) model i quoted £35 to cover costs, i have already used kerastrate, global keratin and keratin smooth so i know how to do them, i just wanted to try the product out.

Her hair is Bleached, Which is the issue a lot of people have with BBD's however, done properly, there's no reason why you shouldn't do one on bleached hair.

when i had dried in the product it felt absolutely awful! i know it never feels great before you iron it but i have never ever felt hair this bad, obviously reassuring her that the ironing would get rid of this feeling, i ironed at 190/200 degrees as this is the temperature i had used in the past on bleached hair and this product comes with a heat protector which made me think the heat wouldn't be an issue and the temperature on the dvd say 220 degrees, but i did have my doubts as ive never know a BBD product need a heat protecter as i always thought the product you put on the hair acts as a barrier anyway so no protection would be needed!

Buy the time i finished her hair about tiny sections throughout the whole of her hair felt nice and the rest of it felt like straw, could never have got a brush through it, so i advised her to let it settle and i'd ring the company the next day and check what was normal....the next morning before work she had to brush her hair and she said shed never seen soo much hair come out when she brushed it so i rang them straight away and they told me to tell her to wash it and i should have ironed at 160/170 but the dvd mentioned nothing like this. (if any of you have the spare time, this is the video that comes with the kit Keratin Revolution Brazilian Blow Dry Treatment - YouTube )

When she washed her hair, it was obviously a relief as it felt so bad with the product on, but she said it felt worse than before we started, and we've spent so long getting her hair really blonde but getting the condition back, and now its all dry and split and just generally frazzled!
Ive rung the company 5/6 times and they dont even seem bothered, i even spoke to the company owner and twice he has taken my email address and said i will be sendt technical help but i never recieved it

Sorry for the essay but how can i resolve this, its knocking my confidence everyday as she keeps texting me telling me pretty much every morning how much its annoying her and how bad her hair feels!

any advice or feedback or someone with similar experience would be much apprciated!

:cry:

Last edited:
Sounds awful
Hope someone able to help you re product :( I've never had this problem but would suggest some reconstructing treatments to help improve condition x

Perry this is awful!
I'm so sorry to hear your problems, I can't help you as I'm fairly new to bbd!
I was aware that bbds repair your hair and make it in better condition, so bleached chemically damaged hair would be perfect for the product!
Your client was a model... Models take risks!
It's unfortunate what has happened to her hair, your just going to keep going on at the company until you get your answers your looking for.
Chin up :) xox

Sounds awful
Hope someone able to help you re product :( I've never had this problem but would suggest some reconstructing treatments to help improve condition x

Lots of Moroccan oil... And the treatment!

Maybe a different brand bbd?....or is that just not a good move?!

xx

Perry this is awful!
I'm so sorry to hear your problems, I can't help you as I'm fairly new to bbd!
I was aware that bbds repair your hair and make it in better condition, so bleached chemically damaged hair would be perfect for the product!
Your client was a model... Models take risks!
It's unfortunate what has happened to her hair, your just going to keep going on at the company until you get your answers your looking for.
Chin up :) xox

I know! :cry:
It's all to do with the ironing that causes problems with bleached hair but as i lowered them a bit and there was a heat protector with it i thought there wouldn't be a problem....
The company are hard work! and i have told my supplier and theyre considering not stocking the product unless the company help me because it doesn't look good for them when they're selling it! so hopefully that gives the company a nudge in the right direction!
I would get moroccan oil products for her but i just cant afford it! ive already wasted £120 on the Kerating Revolution kit and i couldn't even charge her from the outcome! its an absolute nightmare but thanks so much for your comments! :) xx

Im gona recommend a protein restructurizing treatment, get client to come back to you, then also apply a intensive leave in conditioner. We need the hair to have some sort of elasticity and moisture back into the hair. I think its pretty obvious that the bleach has reacted with this system. I had a similar scenerio-but my client tampered with her hair. I personally would of had client come back to me regardless for 1st wash, so that i know how the hair reacted....maybe do this next time!

In the meantime dont stress out-we've all been there- (trust me when i say you feel to pull your own hair out). Best to give her a nice trim and loadsa protein treatments inbetween.

on a side note im not 100% familiar with afro caribbean hair but i know that their restructering conditioning products are great for frazzled hair - if you felt to try out. hths xoxo

Im gona recommend a protein restructurizing treatment, get client to come back to you, then also apply a intensive leave in conditioner. We need the hair to have some sort of elasticity and moisture back into the hair. I think its pretty obvious that the bleach has reacted with this system. I had a similar scenerio-but my client tampered with her hair. I personally would of had client come back to me regardless for 1st wash, so that i know how the hair reacted....maybe do this next time!

In the meantime dont stress out-we've all been there- (trust me when i say you feel to pull your own hair out). Best to give her a nice trim and loadsa protein treatments inbetween.

on a side note im not 100% familiar with afro caribbean hair but i know that their restructering conditioning products are great for frazzled hair - if you felt to try out. hths xoxo

i thought maybe it had reacted but when speaking to the company, they just said i ironed it too hot, but ive ironed bleached hair with other brands with ghd's , which i know you shouldn't do, but this had no issues atall! it makes no sense to me!

i would give her a trim but she probably wont have one as shes trying to grow her hair which is why we did the treatment so her hair could be in the best possible condition, but it backfired somewhat :/ im gunna have to find some money from somewhere to buy her loads of products and try and get my money back from the company for this product because its the worst thing i have ever used!

Thanks for your comments :) xx

Oh dear lord, what a nightmare!! I'm mobile and have been considering doing BBDs but now I'm not so sure :confused:
That company sounds extremly unprofessional and very unhelpful, I'll know to avoid them anyway!
What other BBD would you recommend Perry?

I'd get a good treatment for her, maybe wella sp repair shampoo and treatment conditioner. I feel so bad for you :sad: Good luck xx

Perry I had a similar experience with La Brasiliana, they to we're useless, it took them a week to reply to my email by phone, I missed the call then could never get hold of anyone after that! My clients hair was fine after the treatment, it was when she washed it 4 days later it turned to cotton wool. Her hair was bleached, and in their training DVD there was no mention of turning the heat down. Oddly enough thou it never snapped off tho. I had no answers for this lively client and thanks to the complete lack of customer service from La Brasiliana I had no choice but to give a total refund. She wasn't a model I was experienced at the BBD . 3 months later she was a model for me when I trained with Beox, this still didn't repair the damage, it had to grow out.

I wish you luck with this, pls don't beat yourself up cos you and I are not the only ones to have this happen! This is yet another reason non hairdressers should not be doing this treatment ( check another thread) when even fully qualified hairdressers have problems. Chin up, learn from it, you'll never have it happen again xx

Perry I had a similar experience with La Brasiliana, they to we're useless, it took them a week to reply to my email by phone, I missed the call then could never get hold of anyone after that! My clients hair was fine after the treatment, it was when she washed it 4 days later it turned to cotton wool. Her hair was bleached, and in their training DVD there was no mention of turning the heat down. Oddly enough thou it never snapped off tho. I had no answers for this lively client and thanks to the complete lack of customer service from La Brasiliana I had no choice but to give a total refund. She wasn't a model I was experienced at the BBD . 3 months later she was a model for me when I trained with Beox, this still didn't repair the damage, it had to grow out.

I wish you luck with this, pls don't beat yourself up cos you and I are not the only ones to have this happen! This is yet another reason non hairdressers should not be doing this treatment ( check another thread) when even fully qualified hairdressers have problems. Chin up, learn from it, you'll never have it happen again xx

Im really scared about providing this service now, I've just got in the global keratin :-(
xx

Oh dear lord, what a nightmare!! I'm mobile and have been considering doing BBDs but now I'm not so sure :confused:
That company sounds extremly unprofessional and very unhelpful, I'll know to avoid them anyway!
What other BBD would you recommend Perry?

I'd get a good treatment for her, maybe wella sp repair shampoo and treatment conditioner. I feel so bad for you :sad: Good luck xx

Don't let me put you off as theyre brilliant if you get the right one!
I would probably reccomend either GK or KeratinSmoothe as ive used both of them with no problems
:)

Thanks so much for your reply! im so glad im not the only one!

I am just about to send my first email to the company as i'm fed up with sitting on the phone listening to him worm his way out of the situation!

I will let everyone know how i get on with this approach!

x

Last edited:
Don't let me put you off as theyre brilliant if you get the right one!
I would probably reccomend either GK or KeratinSmoothe as ive used both of them with no problems
:)

Thanks so much for your reply! im so glad im not the only one!

I am just about to send my first email to the company as i'm fed up with sitting on the phone listening to him worm his way out of the situation!

I will let everyone know how i get on with this approach!

x
Would be interesting to see what they say! X

Im really scared about providing this service now, I've just got in the global keratin :-(
xx

Don't be scared hun, use your judgement if hair is, blonde, fine, damage turn the heat down, better it doesn't take at all at least it can bbe redone x

Would be interesting to see what they say! X

they were even ruder! i'm not going to bother speaking to them anymore because it's just stressing me out even more! i can't understand how someone promoting a business can be so rude to a possible loyal customer! its absolutely appauling customer care!

they were even ruder! i'm not going to bother speaking to them anymore because it's just stressing me out even more! i can't understand how someone promoting a business can be so rude to a possible loyal customer! its absolutely appauling customer care!

Surely if you don't bother getting an answer from them, they have won!! Your not that fussed is what yhe company is gonna say, If you were the client you would want all the answers possible!! To know what went wrong and why your hair is screwed! Don't let them defeat you!

Surely if you don't bother getting an answer from them, they have won!! Your not that fussed is what yhe company is gonna say, If you were the client you would want all the answers possible!! To know what went wrong and why your hair is screwed! Don't let them defeat you!

ive spoken to them about 5 times on the phone now and each time they basically tell me their product is flawless and i'm a **** hairdresser....'nothing wrong with the product and there must have been something wrong with the application' which i know, that other than the heat there wasn't... i know the issue, they just won't help me sort it, and it's their fault i didn't know to turn the temperature down...but if they're not going to help me after the 5th phone call they won't help me after the 6th... i spoke to my supplier again yesterday to inform them what was going on with the company and they're cancelling all orders with them so i will hopefully recieve a nicer email from them after that if they still want to keep one of their main distributors....but we'll see :/

I have just moved from Global Keratin to ENZO. I have to say the difference is amazing. You can wash it out the next day also. My only problem is is that the fumes are STRONG! I have to have a fan (on a gentle setting) blowing the fumes past me & my client. It is a tad worrying but I still feel compelled to use it because of the results (my clients insist on it even though they don't like the fumes).

As for bleached hair? I've never been brave enough I feel for you guys out that that have had unexpected results. It scares me so I never take on BBD bleached hair clients.

I have just moved from Global Keratin to ENZO. I have to say the difference is amazing. You can wash it out the next day also. My only problem is is that the fumes are STRONG! I have to have a fan (on a gentle setting) blowing the fumes past me & my client. It is a tad worrying but I still feel compelled to use it because of the results (my clients insist on it even though they don't like the fumes).

As for bleached hair? I've never been brave enough I feel for you guys out that that have had unexpected results. It scares me so I never take on BBD bleached hair clients.

Silly thing is, every single brand will say the more damaged your hair the better it works, yet because of so many problems, most hairdressers are scared to do one on damaged hair, which pretty much defeats the object of them to be honest!
It's all to do with the stupid hair straighteners, which i hate using anyway! i wish someone would invent one you dont need heat for! they annoy me soo much! i dont even know why i'm a hairdresser, i get that annoyed at hair!

Anyway rant over...

Does enzo have a website? just googled it but can't find much :/ fumes bother me though, i'm mobile so don't wanna be smoking out peoples homes and pets and kids lol

Silly thing is, every single brand will say the more damaged your hair the better it works, yet because of so many problems, most hairdressers are scared to do one on damaged hair, which pretty much defeats the object of them to be honest!
It's all to do with the stupid hair straighteners, which i hate using anyway! i wish someone would invent one you dont need heat for! they annoy me soo much! i dont even know why i'm a hairdresser, i get that annoyed at hair!

Anyway rant over...

Does enzo have a website? just googled it but can't find much :/ fumes bother me though, i'm mobile so don't wanna be smoking out peoples homes and pets and kids lol

Fumes = Formaldehyde!

Latest posts

Back