Brazilian Blowdry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-sophisticutz-

Reaction score
Hi guys, it's been a long, long time since I posted here!

I wonder if anyone can help with some feedback and/or advice. I am hoping to invest in the famous 'Brazilian blowdry' and I wondered if any geeks have used this keratin based system.

I have looked at plenty of products and am making myself dizzy :confused: with whats out on the market. I am looking at the non-permanent ranges and it's between
La Brasiliana
Kerastraight
Keratin complex
Global Keratin

The starter kits are a sizable investment (£200+), none do samples (hows THAT for confidence).

Have any geeks used any of these products and how are they rated.

Also, on a similar note, I blow-dried someones hair who had the Ionic hair retexturising system used (this is permanent). I was very impressed with the hair condition. Has anyone one on here had any experience using this??

Thanks in advance

Donna

that does look great.
one thing puzzles me... it says its not a chemical so no need to worry about overprocessing and yet it advises gloves and mask for application and says you mustnt use it on pregnant or nursing females ?

Lol the short bits sticking up are the broken bits from the irons haha

Thanks Minky, it's Global Keratin I was looking at. I just wondered if anyone has actually used the products.

Clients hair I have felt since using these products have felt fantastic, but of course they never know the name of the product used!

I suppose gloves and masks are just precautionary. We have gone health and safety mad now. I had to show a DVD to my staff showing them how to dry their hands properly! HSE are always telling us to be over cautious, I suppose this why they tell you to wear gloves/masks.

hey

i use kerastraight and find it great. really easy to use and the fact the hair will return to its original state really impresses my clients as some do like their curls.

even when the hair is starting to return wavy/curly there's no frizz!! (even without products)

Hi, Thanks for that. I think it is kerastraight I am drawn too. Do you clients still need to straighten their hair?

I am very excited at the prospect of introducing this into my salon, I have lots of frizzy heads to tame! :)

that does look great.
one thing puzzles me... it says its not a chemical so no need to worry about overprocessing and yet it advises gloves and mask for application and says you mustnt use it on pregnant or nursing females ?

What kind of a stupid statement is that for a company to make? Everything in the world is chemical apart from light and electricity.

What kind of a stupid statement is that for a company to make? Everything in the world is chemical apart from light and electricity.

Lol :lol: I have noticed that this form of chemical relaxing / blo dry always has heat involved ....
this one is heat sealed with hot irons so it is probably some sort of silicone coating like they put on hair extensions ,

I would love to read what the chemical ingredients were ....does anyone know this ? :)
I must say it looks really very good ,

It is just like performing a wella strate with the hot iron method
but using conditioning chemicals instead of perming chemicals...

that does look great.

Hi, yes it is a bit puzzling :confused: and it looks a bit scary with them wearing the masks and gloves .....
I suppose if you are working with it all day long ... it's probably just health and safety....... I know they say keratin but I wonder what else it actually contains ?

depending how curly/frizzy the hair is to begin they may need to start using straighteners quicker than others. i have one client that would take me at 45 mins to blowdry and staighten their hair but after the treatment it only took half the time!! shes booked in again for her 2nd treatment in a couple of weeks after her holiday so the effects should last even longer this time too.
ps the product, shampoo and conditioner just smells like banana!!!!

depending how curly/frizzy the hair is to begin they may need to start using straighteners quicker than others. i have one client that would take me at 45 mins to blowdry and staighten their hair but after the treatment it only took half the time!! shes booked in again for her 2nd treatment in a couple of weeks after her holiday so the effects should last even longer this time too.
ps the product, shampoo and conditioner just smells like banana!!!!

so do you still need to straighten it then even when she has had the treatment?

Hi everyone,
Have just got my sticky little paws on the brasillia system!!!! Am very excited and can wait to pin some of my staff down tom and test it out! Will post tom night how it was, whether I balded my staff and if anyones sobbin in the staff room. x

Hi all and thanks for your responses!

The Brasiliana looks great so I eagerly wait for your post!

I do think the gloves/mask thing is purely H and S, all products can cause irritation look at what shampoo can do! I think they mean by the no chemical aspect is some of the Japanese straightening systems contain formaldehyde which did cause some alarm over here. The 'Brazilian blowdries' don't contain this.

got my la brasiliana and washing it off Tuesday so excited to c how it it my hairs wild and curly hope its as good as ppl say.
o and expensive :eek: but if it works like ppl say .. worth every penny

I have this done with the global keratin system and have done for about a year now.

I absolutly love it and it cuts downt eh time it takes me to dry my hair to about ten minutes, it used to take 40 mins, i do still need to use the straighteners if I want it poker straight, but my hair is not frizzy, and looks very shiny and healthy. I can also go out in the rain without looking like a poodle!

I have it done every 3-4 months as it gradually washes out instead of growing out (leaving frizzy roots)

washed it off and i was well disappointed hadn't worked one bit so going to give it another go but with more product this time

2nd attempt i used more product and it made a big difference im impressed my haire takes half the time to do now i used 90mls

i just had the global keratin blowdry, im very pleased with the results and can notice the difference in my hair, it has cut my styling time in half and i could if needed leave the house without straightning irons lol!
im going to invest in this and get on it asap as my clients have already been commenting on how lovely my hair looks!!

xx:lol:xx

Latest posts

Back