brazilian wax advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mary1981

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I want to get a brazilian wax before my holidays in a couple of weeks, but i'm a bit wary of finding the right salon! Is there any questions i should ask as to the type of wax they use etc? I also don't want to phone up for an appointment and sound like some know it all questioning them, also want to make sure i go somewhere that are confident in doing them and does them regularly. How do you ask these questions without sounding rude? :confused: thanks all xxx

You definatley want to go somewhere that is using hot or hard wax for brazillians.

I'm sure others will add loads of other questions for you - i'd always go with a personal recomendation though!

Thanks hun, i know a personal recomendation would be great but no one i know has had one anywhere lol in fact most of my friends are wax phobics!

You definatley want to go somewhere that is using hot or hard wax for brazillians.
It may also be called non-strip wax.
Ask them how long they've been qualified in doing intimate waxing, and whether a lot of people ask for it - that'll give you an idea of how experienced they are.

Personally I wouldn't mind at all if someone asked me those sorts of questions - it shows they're concerned about the standard of treatment they'll be getting.

Hellooooo!!!
I often get asked about waxing as most new clients are nervous! Thanks to others passing on their horror stories!!
I love to explain about the way I wax. It helps to put the client at ease. So don't wory about asking!
Wish I was closer to you to help. But as stated,, the non-strip wax is the 'nicer' option.
Ask if they slightly oil the skin too,,makes a huge difference!
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks all for the advice, might phone a couple of local salons tomorrow then, your right though about the questions, i've had people ask me about the products i use for nails or spray tanning for example and i certaintly don't mind either.
thanks xxx

Latest posts

Back