brazillian/hollywood

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinarena

Reaction score
Hiya all!

Has anyone got any tips for doing a brazillian or a hollywood. I only got taught an ordinary bikini wax at college and am not confident to 'go further'!

Thanksx

maybe you would benefit from taking a one day course on it. If you are already trained in waxing, yet not confident to do this that would be my recommendation xx

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful xx

Hiya all!

Has anyone got any tips for doing a brazillian or a hollywood. I only got taught an ordinary bikini wax at college and am not confident to 'go further'!

Thanksx

Hi,I would definately recommend a Holywood/Brazillian trainer day as this is totally different to B/k waxing.

You wouldn't be confident as you said to just start doing them.It takes skill and patience and it needs to be done in small sections as it can be a very sensitive area to wax.

I can tell you a little bit about doing it but as I said it really needs a training class.

The knickers can be left on or taken off.A thong is preferable and you would start the b/k area as normal,startting on the outsides working your way inwards.

Doing it this way also gives the client the chance to halt the waxing if for example she finds it too uncomfortable,without it looking a mess and too uneven.

You would then get your client to either pull the thong up the centre part of her b/k so the thong pulls the skin nice and taught,enabling you to wax the area efficiently and bruise free.Rememebr small sections.

There is another way where the client puts her hand in a certain position which also keeps the area taut but without me having a diagram or showing you it's difficult to explain.

I usually work my way right into the centre then go to the bottom area,getting my client to bring her knee up to her tummy.HTH:) If you need anymore advice on this feel free to pm me.

It's not hard but needs practice and with this confidence grows.HTH

I would say one other thing though,do not offer this unless you are qualified to do Hollywoods or Brazillian or your insurance will not cover you as is the case for any other area you havn't been trained in waxing for.

If you can master waxing... it's just another body part to wax. I personally have all my clients naked from the waste down... undies, and disposable undies just get in the way. Have the client lie on their back, with their knee bent, and dropped down to the side. have them pull their skin as tight as possible when you apply the wax, and when you pull the wax off. Pulling the skin taught is probably the most important part of the procedure. Some people tend to have looser skin, so this is very important. I usually do the basic bikini part first, then start from the parenium and work my way up the labia and (the hair usually grows all in the same direction at this point). About 3/4's way up the hair usually changes direction. So at this point I work from the pubis mons down. I totally complete one half, then have the client switch legs and I go over to the other side and do that side. Then I have them turn on their side , kind of in the fetal postition and have them bring their hand around to pull their butt cheek up and I wax that area. Oh.. and use plenty of oil when waxing the genitals. Afterwards I apply antiseptic lotion and let them get changed.

If you're nervous I would definitely recommend a training class. It's not for the faint hearted/nervous. I love waxing I am really passionate about it. Freak I know....

Thanks Guys,

I think I will go on a training course, the explanations scared the life out of me!! Thanks for taking the time to reply x

good for you doing the training course, when i did it, it wasnt what i expected, as in, just what you have to do, if that makes sense, i know its the nether regions but come on...........pulling and holding those bits, i did the course and the sweat was dripping off me, i was more nervous that my model, my model is quiet the shy one, but by the end of the course she had her legs at 1/4 to 3 and didnt give a damm. the sweat was still dripping off me tho, and at one point i actually felt sick with worry

Hi there

I sent my beautician to Arezoo in Knightsbridge - she taught Louise the brazilian and Playboy .

This was by far the best course we ever attended - I was the model!! but I now have brazilians all the time - she taught Louise a fantastic way of doing this that Louise is now busy doing this treatment

Heidi

Latest posts

Back