Breast Feeding Doll for children

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worse thing about it is the bloomin' noise it makes. It would soon have to have the batteries removed and be 'broken' if one ever came into our house.

You put great debates up taggyboy.

My opinion is dull!

I'm not offended by it, but I wouldn't buy one for a little child.
All those mechanisms, I bet they are charging a fortune.... buy a plain doll and let the child play as he/she wants, rather than manufactures are suggesting.

I remember when i was a kid i used to pretend to breastfeed my tiny tears doll.

Heck I even pretended to give birth to it as well even though i knew babies came out from "down below" i wasnt sure of the ins n outs.

I personally wouldnt buy a doll with this specific purpose but if a child has a vivid imagination then whats the problem.

As for the chest area being private, then yes it is private after the child develops breasts before then its just a chest.

Thank you for all your comments. I really wasn't trying to be negative and I'm certainly not anti breastfeeding, I did it and I have an 18 month old grandaughter who was breast fed.

My point was and still is why do you need a doll specifically designed for breastfeeding. Yes, you could say well you don't object to them feeding a bottle but I don't think that is a comparison to be honest.

So mummy sits down and feeds baby, bottle or breast. Older child watching gets a baby and pretends to do the same. Grabs something bottle like and feeds baby or puts baby close to chest to feed. The child may even lift her top up to mimmick mummy and even then I don't have problems with that, it's natural and it's their imagination that allows them to function this way.

What I was trying to say was, is it necessary for this type of doll, wouldn't any doll do?

As a previous poster said we all played as kids stuffing pillows up our tops, pretending to have a baby, probably putting baby close to chest to feed. Plus sitting close to mummy when she fed baby and watching with great interest, then losing it 5 minutes later to go and play something else. All the joys that children do/did.

Once again thank you

Last edited:
The reason the doll has been made and will sell is because it is different. Lots of children have basic dolls and then they want a talking doll, a doll that wee's, a doll that giggles and moves, a set of twin dolls.

There is no need for a doll the wets itself but it has been available for a good few years now and stilol sells well, there is no need for dolls to have wardrobes and hundreds of different outfits for different occasions but these too have been available for years and sell well.

The toy companies need to come up with some new gimmick to get kids to want their doll. It's making kids thing they need what they sell, if there is anything that grabs kids it's the adverts for these toys. They are so well produced and edited that most kids will nag for something off the adverts even if they already have something similar.

This may be a doll that has un-necessary motions, noises and is a big gimmick but most toys these das could be discribed as being the same.

For example: Why do kids need a toy Dyson that actually picks up?

Basically it is something that makes the toy differenttter how naff and so kids (and some parents) want it no matter what.

You put great debates up taggyboy.

My opinion is dull!

I'm not offended by it, but I wouldn't buy one for a little child.
All those mechanisms, I bet they are charging a fortune.... buy a plain doll and let the child play as he/she wants, rather than manufactures are suggesting.

I think my dear you have hit the nail right on the head. This is not about the fact it can breastfeed, it is indeed the manufacturers telling children how to play which is completely wrong. A child will play how it wants. We have all been there with dolls pretending to be pregnant with them etc but it's just imagination. It's the manufacturers who are winning because they get more money for a new exciting doll (someone said it hasn't been done before which is exactly why it will sell).

Personally I wouldn't want it for a little girl, I think it's just too extreme for no reason. My mum is a midwife so I'm totally for breastfeeding. Just think little girls don't need all these extra details made for them with their imaginations at peak :| x

To be honest when I was little I used to laugh when my baby's had willys so if I was bought this toy as a child I would probably be too embarrassed to play with it lol

Its upsetting that a specific 'breastfeeding' doll is even necessary :-(

I'm pretty proud when I see my daughter pretend to feed her dollies at her chest .. She just assumes this is the way all babies get their milk!

I wouldn't spend the ridiculous amount of money on a doll that the breastfeeding dolls cost (I've researched plenty, and they all cost a fortune). Cost aside .. I think that just as in real life, all that an aspiring 'mummy' really needs is to have her 'baby' close to her .. And she can look after all it's needs without any extra 'props'(!)

Xx

I'm sorry but I find the nagative responses to this doll really odd.

Breastfeeding is the most natural thing in the world. There should be no shame in breastfeeding and if a child wants to pretend to feed her dolly in the way nature intended I see NO problem with that at all.

I breastfed all 4 of my children and my older children obvioulsy saw me feeding their baby brothers & sisters. My daughter used to pretend to breast feed her dolls all the time.

You can't say that a doll that moves it's mouth when put to a childs chest is any worse than a doll that moves its mouth when a plastic bottle is placed at it's lips - these 2 things are just a baby doll pretending to eat.

I am shocked that people feel this is sexualing or inapropriate behaviour for a child yet they think it's acceptable to allow them to push a pram, change a nappy, cradle a dolly etc.... we should be bringing our children up to know that breastfeeding your child is normal and that bottle feeding is another way to feed your baby not the ONLY way to feed your baby.

There is no wonder mothers feel worried and ashamed to breastfeed their babies out in public when people have such negative attitudes to it. I have met so many women who gave up breastfeeding in the early days or didn't even attempt breast feeding just because of the fear of other people's negative views.

Why are the British so ashamed of this natural use of the breasts?
Why are breasts only thought of as sexual things?

Well said. It's the same here in the U.S

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Latest posts

Back