Breast Feeding Doll for children

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taggyboy

Reaction score
I have just seen a doll (title above) on morning TV. I am shocked, this is so wrong. A child holding a doll to her breast whilst the dolls lips move as if feeding. Why can't children be left to grow up naturally. It should be banned before it gets to the UK imo

from Debbie's HTC Sense

good heavens. link?

I don't think I find that an offensive idea.

There's nothing sexual about breastfeeding.

I seen it too this morning.

I have a little girl who is nearly 4 and I wouldnt buy her that toy ever!

Why do children have to have a doll that needs to be breastfed??

Seriously why cant they just be left alone to play with their barbies and dollies,I dont see the need for them to be able to do this with a baby doll.

Breastfeeding is for mothers/adults etc not for small children.

Its quite shocking really imo.

x x

Like high heels for babies that I saw on morning tv a few years ago :-(

Ridiculous, these people should be shot!!!

I don't think I find that an offensive idea.

There's nothing sexual about breastfeeding.

Nope I agree. I dont think really there's anything majorly wrong, children will play at breastfeeding anyway if they see it as the norm so it's just adding to the realisticness of it.
I personally am more upset by my children playing with guns, fake cigarettes and other toys with more negative associations.

I don't really get why it's so bad. Why is it fine for them to bottle feed a doll? Surely by being shocked it is making breast feeding a sexual act when it's really just a practical way to feed a child, as is bottle feeding. It's justlike pretending to push a pram around. It's just pretend! They will get over pretending and move on to the next stage of play without being scared for life!

Ooh Ek, soon there will be accessories such as nursing bras :(

I can fully understand a child copying Mum and picking up dolly to hold close to chest and do what Mummy is doing, children learn this way. But this toy has lips that move in a motion to indicate the baby is feeding from the child. I didn't see the whole programme just a snippet about the toy and I'm sure some will be happy with the idea and others not. I didn't think about it being sexual to be honest, didn't even cross my mind. Just need to understand why there is a need? :irked:

The idea is unsettling to me because four year olds do not have breasts and playing in to some insane idea that it's okay for them to pretend they do is quite disgusting imo.

I fully support GROWN WOMEN breast feeding.

I'm sorry but I find the nagative responses to this doll really odd.

Breastfeeding is the most natural thing in the world. There should be no shame in breastfeeding and if a child wants to pretend to feed her dolly in the way nature intended I see NO problem with that at all.

I breastfed all 4 of my children and my older children obvioulsy saw me feeding their baby brothers & sisters. My daughter used to pretend to breast feed her dolls all the time.

You can't say that a doll that moves it's mouth when put to a childs chest is any worse than a doll that moves its mouth when a plastic bottle is placed at it's lips - these 2 things are just a baby doll pretending to eat.

I am shocked that people feel this is sexualing or inapropriate behaviour for a child yet they think it's acceptable to allow them to push a pram, change a nappy, cradle a dolly etc.... we should be bringing our children up to know that breastfeeding your child is normal and that bottle feeding is another way to feed your baby not the ONLY way to feed your baby.

There is no wonder mothers feel worried and ashamed to breastfeed their babies out in public when people have such negative attitudes to it. I have met so many women who gave up breastfeeding in the early days or didn't even attempt breast feeding just because of the fear of other people's negative views.

Why are the British so ashamed of this natural use of the breasts?
Why are breasts only thought of as sexual things?

Breast feeding a baby is the most natural thing in the world! Yet society seems to consider it a bit seedy!!

I agree there is no need to just 'whip em out' anywhere just to make a point but it can be done discreetly..

Anyway back to the point lol I have 2 girls aged 3 and 1 and would be perfectly happy for them to have one of these dolls.

If you REALLY take it back to basics and nature, it's more natural than a child feeding dolly a bottle!

I'm sorry but I find the nagative responses to this doll really odd.

Breastfeeding is the most natural thing in the world. There should be no shame in breastfeeding and if a child wants to pretend to feed her dolly in the way nature intended I see NO problem with that at all.

I breastfed all 4 of my children and my older children obvioulsy saw me feeding their baby brothers & sisters. My daughter used to pretend to breast feed her dolls all the time.

You can't say that a doll that moves it's mouth when put to a childs chest is any worse than a doll that moves its mouth when a plastic bottle is placed at it's lips - these 2 things are just a baby doll pretending to eat.

I am shocked that people feel this is sexualing or inapropriate behaviour for a child yet they think it's acceptable to allow them to push a pram, change a nappy, cradle a dolly etc.... we should be bringing our children up to know that breastfeeding your child is normal and that bottle feeding is another way to feed your baby not the ONLY way to feed your baby.

There is no wonder mothers feel worried and ashamed to breastfeed their babies out in public when people have such negative attitudes to it. I have met so many women who gave up breastfeeding in the early days or didn't even attempt breast feeding just because of the fear of other people's negative views.

Why are the British so ashamed of this natural use of the breasts?
Why are breasts only thought of as sexual things?

I agree!! :-D

The idea is unsettling to me because four year olds do not have breasts and playing in to some insane idea that it's okay for them to pretend they do is quite disgusting imo.

I fully support GROWN WOMEN breast feeding.

Four year olds can't be doctors either..yet they dress up and pretend! It is role play :).

I think for myself it's more of an idea of a pervert seeing a child playing like this and being attracted.

Yes, breast feeding is natural. But breasts are STILL sexual objects as well, whether you like it or not. And there are many horrible things out there we have to protect children from.

Four year olds can't be doctors either..yet they dress up and pretend! It is role play :).

Sorry, but that comparison doesn't work. A child's chest area is still a private part and she needs to know it's to be protected.

I have just seen a doll (title above) on morning TV. I am shocked, this is so wrong. A child holding a doll to her breast whilst the dolls lips move as if feeding. Why can't children be left to grow up naturally.

from Debbie's HTC Sense

I totally agree with you!

Sorry, but that comparison doesn't work. A child's chest area is still a private part and she needs to know it's to be protected.

Why is a childs chest area so private if they don't have breasts?

Though I feel breast feeding is natural, it is not natural for children.

Latest posts

Back