Breast Reduction on the NHS?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scratchers

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am going to phone the doctors tomorrow for an appointment to talk to them about having a breast reduction!!

It never use to bother me having a big bust and when anyone use to say anything i just use to laugh it off until know.........

I had my daughter and ever since they have just got bigger and bigger in nearly 4 year i have gone from an E cup to a J cup that is 8 sizes in 4 years and i feel like i am bulging out my bra again!!:cry:

But it is only recently that i have been getting back ache and in the summer when its hot or if i go to the gym underneath my breast become very red and sore.:Scared:

Its become very hard for me to go to the gym as i can't find a sports bra to fit so i have to wear 2 cropped sports tops and a big t-shirt over the top, i dread getting ready and i feel like everyone is looking at me!!:o
When we go out i never wear anything low cut i'm always looking for tops that make my bust look smaller but can never find anything and then when i'm out all people do is stare or grab my boobs and it makes me feel really horrible but i don't have the heart to tell my friend sto stop going on about it!!:rolleyes:

I just wondered if anyone else had this problem or have had a breast reduction on the NHS?

Its really getting me down know and whenever i try and talk to someone about it they always say well atleast you've got some, or you've got my share!!:cry:

My aunt has just had a breast reduction but private not NHS, she says it's the best thing ever.

She was very large chested and used to have numerous problems with her boobs and back, she wished she had done it sooner.

I'm not very big chested (so you must have my share) 34b but I can only imagine how uncomfortable you feel and sympathise with you.

I hope you get the outcome you want!

Teri x:hug:

Thanks teri, today has just rushed me over the edge it is so hot and we when bowling and half way through i could feel the underneath of my boobs getting really sore and know its put me in a bad mood, its not fare on lee and tiegan but it really is painful i could just cry :cry:

Thanks teri, today has just rushed me over the edge it is so hot and we when bowling and half way through i could feel the underneath of my boobs getting really sore and know its put me in a bad mood, its not fare on lee and tiegan but it really is painful i could just cry :cry:

Don't cry Kirsty, get to the docs and tell him how you are feeling.

Big :hug:

Teri x:hug:

thanks Teri i'm gonna phone them tomorrow morning x:confused:x

Hiya Kirsty,
I had a breast reduction 12 years ago and the NHS paid 70% and I paid the last 30%........The best thing I ever did mate. Go for it.
Sam X

Thanks sam i'm worried about some of the side effects like loosing sensation did you experience this, sorry i know its a bit personal!!

I had one about 18 years ago.........best thing ever. My mate had one done just a week ago and she's sorry that she waited so long. Go for it.xxx

Do you mind if i ask what size you were and waht you went down to?

hi i would love a boob job as im a size 34hh . i know when my cousin went she was told to loose some weight before but she didnt and then went to prague . When ive read some info on the net some people have said that after all of the swelling has went down the size is bigger than they wanted ( ex wanted a c but got a d after a while ) i dont know if this is trure so would love to here some stories .
keep us posted.

Do you mind if i ask what size you were and waht you went down to?
G cup to D cup. The number is just the size of your rib cage and to put it bluntly.......fat. So, if anyone tells you they're a 42 B, it's all fat or back. If they tell you they're a 34 E, then sit next to them on the beach as you won't need to pay for a parasol. xxx

I wondered why everyone crowded round me i'm a 36 J :eek:

I wondered why everyone crowded round me i'm a 36 J :eek:

36J!!! It's not a wonder you get backache!

My sister-in-law had one done and says it's been fab for her. She no longer has melons (her words, not mine :)) and is still on the large side but for her, it's ok. As she's quite tall, she can get away with being a bit bigger.

If you get red and sore underneath your breasts, it could be due to a fungal infection, similar to athlete's foot, I believe. You need to mention it to your GP when you see him, he can give you some cream to help clear it up, and in the meantime, use a bit of talc to help absorb the perspiration. It's a common problem in larger ladies, I'm afraid.

Be completely honest with your GP about how it makes you feel, cry if you need to. If he can see how badly it's affecting you, he'll take you more seriously.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

Thanks hun, i always put talc on but find it doesn't help too much in the summer!!

And bra's are so expensive my size they never stock more than one in debenhams i love bravissimo but have niticed thatthe vriety in my size is getting smaller no tops fit properly aaaaahhhhhh!:Scared:

Latest posts

Back