Bridal make up: best foundation and setting spray/powder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEN:10

Reaction score
Any advice on the best foundation and setting spray/powder for bridal make up? Currently use MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radience Lumiere as a primer but find the MAC Mineralize and Match Master foundations look too shiny.

Looking for something that is fairly matt (for photos!) and then a good way of setting it to ensure that it lasts all day.

What is better, a setting powder or spray? Any recommendations?

Thanks oh wise ones!

Following. I use Estée Lauder Double wear light which is amazon and stats put all day/eve x

Stupid phone and its typos!!x

I wear Matchmaster myself every day and it is not at all shiny so it's definitely either that primer you are using or you are using it on particularly oily skinned clients! The Mineralize foundation is supposed to have a dewy finish.

For primers I really like the Illamasqua ones. They do satin, matte and then the skin veil which is moisturising. All are fantastic. I also like the Laura Mercier primers.

For setting powder I like light, translucent ones. Laura Mercier, Illamasqua and MAC are all great for these.

Oh really, maybe I need to get rid of that primer! Thanks for advice x

Any advice on the best foundation and setting spray/powder for bridal make up? Currently use MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radience Lumiere as a primer but find the MAC Mineralize and Match Master foundations look too shiny.

Looking for something that is fairly matt (for photos!) and then a good way of setting it to ensure that it lasts all day.

What is better, a setting powder or spray? Any recommendations?

Thanks oh wise ones!

I have horrendously oily skin and I am yet to find a foundation that works for me. On clients, I almost always use HD foundation and they love it and lasts well.

However, it doesn't suit my extremely oily skin. So, I was in the Mac Pro Store today and I am hoping I have come back with a foundation that may be the solution, but we will have to see..

After some much needed advice from the lovely assistant, I opted for the MAC Pro long wear. I was told this was the least oiliest of the MAC foundations, dries matte and it wears well, being a longwear foundation.

Fingers crossed..

Last edited:
Let me know how you get on Sharan!x

Hey I work for mac and it's the primer that is giving you luminosity. The minerisr powder is the best to set. The fix+ spray is fierce-hydrating the skin but for setting which you'd expect.

I love MAC full coverage with prep and prime. It can be sheeted down with damp sponge or applied for full coverage and to conceal. Only available in pro shops though I think or over phone.
I use skandavia setting spray for lively natural finish x

Try MAC or Urban Decay for a setting spray, both have brilliant ones x

Latest posts

Back