Bridal Make Up Courses....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaClare85

Reaction score
Hello All :)

Hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend :))

Can anyone recommend a good and useful Bridal make up course?? I have done make up in the nvq course that I am doing at the moment but I do really want to focus more on Bridal make up....

Looking forward to hearing some advice from you all :)

Thanks Emma

What area are you in? I'm doing a VTCT course in basic make-up at the moment (nearly finished) and plan to do a more practical course after this so I've been looking at schools and locally to me (north west) the best seems to be School of Make-up in Stockport. There is also a place called the North West Media Make-up School (previously Aqua Rosa) but they weren't very responsive to e-mails and I can't find any make-up artists who have actually been there, whereas quite a few of the working bridal artists in my area say in their website profiles that they went to School of Make-up.

In London the popular ones seem to be the Academy of Freelance Makeup and Muse, who do a specific bridal course.

What area are you in? I'm doing a VTCT course in basic make-up at the moment (nearly finished) and plan to do a more practical course after this so I've been looking at schools and locally to me (north west) the best seems to be School of Make-up in Stockport. There is also a place called the North West Media Make-up School (previously Aqua Rosa) but they weren't very responsive to e-mails and I can't find any make-up artists who have actually been there, whereas quite a few of the working bridal artists in my area say in their website profiles that they went to School of Make-up.

In London the popular ones seem to be the Academy of Freelance Makeup and Muse, who do a specific bridal course.

Excellent, thank you for that... I am based in Essex but work in London so either places for me are ideal (I should have really put that in my original post)....

How are you finding you course...have you covered any Bridal make up?

x

Yes a little bit - but not enough for me to be able to offer bridal make up as a service. I would only offer it if I was really confident that I could make anyone at all look amazing for their wedding and I'm not anywhere near that skill level yet!
The thing with the VTCT course (I'm doing Level 2 Certificate in Cosmetic Make-up) is that it has academic content and also we spent about 5 sessions doing eye treatments (lash perming & tinting and eyebrow shaping) so there isn't much time for the practical stuff which is what I really need. I am not sure whether to stay at the school I'm at (which is really close to home, and the tutor is lovely and so are the other girls on the course) to do the VTCT Diploma in Fashion & Photographic Make-up or to move on to School of Make-up. I will probably move on :Scared: - just because their course is entirely practical and I think I will get more actual 'tuition' rather than just observation & tips which is what I get now.

I would love to go to London to do the Greasepaint course in hair styling & make-up but I can't leave my little girl for that long and I can't do the weekend course (10 weekends in a row) as I need to work on a Saturday. Have you looked at Greasepaint?

Latest posts

Back