Bridesmaid curls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi all
I have to do my daughters hair on sat for my sisters wedding, not done bridesmaids hair for years, but Im sure curling it will be no problem as I have a conical wand. My daughter has the straightest hair in history !!!and its not overly thick, that last time I curled it it went straight after about 2 hours. Any tips for me? Should I hair spray each section prior to curling or is there something that others hairdressers use to help hold the curl? My sisters request is that it is curled then put half up at the front and then a comb put in just above the bobble. Very simple style but am concerned that the curl will not hold. I have washed her hair today and wont wash it again till after the wedding on sat, as her hair is very shiny too so would want it a little less clean.

I would use Hot Sets by Redken. It works wonders.

What about benders? Always a good option if the hair drops easily? you could do trial tomorrow? xx

yeah i wud say to set it wet under a dryer. . . a set holds much longer than a curl put into dry hair. . . u can still use the conical wand to finish and remould the curl as long as it has been dried into a curl initially xx

Thanks for the help guys x

dont use conditioner - that may help give it more stick -or a leave in one

HI :) im not a hair geek but have you thought of doing it the oldern way with rags ??? it hold for hours and looks lovely :)

Have just done a practise run, and it took me half an hour, after curling it I put it half up in a bobble, then Im going to wrap a small piece of hair from the ponytail around the bobble to hide it and grip it under the ponytail to hide the grip. The butterfly comb sat in nicely just above the bobble. So far so good the curls are holding and its been 1 hour, maybe I will be lucky and it will hold a good while. As its just a practise Ive not hairsprayed it tonight. Not going to wash her hair tonight in the bath as I did it yesterday and I know its best to have slightly dirty hair....well I say dirty its not dirty but not freshly washed!
Feel better now Ive tried it out, less stress for me tomorrow morning, as Ive also got my other sisters hair to blowdry and straighten and get mine done too. All in about 3 hours so should be fine.

you can do it girl!!! :) good luck!

Well it went really well, and using my friends Herstyler Baby curls conical wand the curls were great, loads of hairspray later.... the curls were still there all night long and even this evening she still has curly hair! amazing really as her hair is so straight. Going to see if I can post a picture of it.

Latest posts

Back