Bright colours in the hair yes or no ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must admit I am a bleach lover to I love it , love it, love it ,
I love all different types,
I love the Loreal platinuim bleach too because you can do all sorts of on the scalp and off the scalp techniques too ,
I love mixing it , applying it , and differing the strenghts of peroxide for all sorts of different sublte shades of blonde ,

then I love the beautiful creamy blonde shades that you can so easily pop in with all the subtle shades
I guess you could say I am a bleach fiend lol x ,

and I think bleach if used correctly really is as Jeni says the BOMB!! too :lol:

I want all clients who request bleach to have the most beautiful bleached and good conditioned blonde highlights and hair ever ,

I must admit I love to pick out all the bleached blonde highlights in the hair and just do the roots , although it can take a long time,
I think the condition of the hair is well worth it afterwards

To me Bleach is one of the best things ever invented ,
you can do soooo much with it ,

ok I will stop now lol x :lol: xx minky

Also just out of interest,
to all the people who love these very bright colours,
what bright colours do you like in your hair and why do you like them ?

:hug: minky x

Hi Minky,

I am not a hairdresser but I do have BRIGHT pink hair (and dark brown!)and love it.
I don't know what made me want it to begin with but I first had baby pink streaks and then went to magenta and purple, then Pillar box Red.

I now have Bright Flamingo Pink and absolutely love it. I think it looks really effective and it gives me loads of confidence in myself.
It certainly is a conversation starter, and I am always remembered (good and bad lol). I like the attention it brings as I am quite a shy person and also like to express myself through my hair colour. I think its because I have an artistic side (I was a graphic designer and now I am a nail artist!).

Red. x

Hi Minky,

I am not a hairdresser but I do have BRIGHT pink hair (and dark brown!)and love it.
I don't know what made me want it to begin with but I first had baby pink streaks and then went to magenta and purple, then Pillar box Red.

I now have Bright Flamingo Pink and absolutely love it. I think it looks really effective and it gives me loads of confidence in myself.
It certainly is a conversation starter, and I am always remembered (good and bad lol). I like the attention it brings as I am quite a shy person and also like to express myself through my hair colour. I think its because I have an artistic side (I was a graphic designer and now I am a nail artist!).

Red. x

Have you got any pics for us ?
would love to see it

:hug: x minky

Have you got any pics for us ?
would love to see it

I don't have a pic of it as it is now (I can get one when my guy comes home from work in half an hour... its on his phone!) but here is some when it was red....

381115157_m.jpg
(my email is pretty little nobody, im not being vain lol)

Me-New.jpg

Sorry for rubbish pics x

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h137/PrettyxLittlexNobody/DSC00044-1.jpg

I really love it on you ! it really does show off your big brown eyes ,
I think they are fab pictures too x
thanks minky :hug:

He deleted the pics I wanted to post so I will post a better one tomorrow.... these are the ones from a party on saturday

party2.jpg

Party1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a hairdresser but ive been getting my hair coloured since i was 17 years old...i'm now 41...ive had every possible colour put thru it for years pinks,blacks,white even had it done in 5 differnt highlights once ..except electic blue...i would love to have electric blue highlights thru my hair but sadly i can never find a hairdresser that would do it here..at the moment it is the what i call the skunk look dont know what you hairdressers call it...blonde on top and blue\black underneath it was elbow length but got it cut in a chunky feathered style (shoulder length)..i much prefer having my hair coloured & no not to hide the grey but because ive always been a tad wild & like a bit of colour in my hair...i think it's because i was a punk at 17 and the first time i had my hair coloured ..it was shocking candyfloss pink & i was hooked.. ive never showed my natural colour (brown) since schooldays..the fact i have my hair coloured is simply to feel good about myself...a sort of if i wear good make-up & fashionable clothes i must have good hair colour & hairstyle.

Last edited:
Hi, what colour is electric blue ? is it like a royal blue ?

it's something similar to pics attached don't know how it would look on blonde hair tho
jennhair.jpg

Last edited:
it's something similar to pics attached don't know how it would look on blonde hair tho
jennhair.jpg

Wow , I know this post is a bit late as I havent been on for a while , but I love the electric blue it looks really fab
you know what , I am really starting to actually love all these fab hair
colour photos that I am seeing on here ,

as well as that all the people that have posted pictures of their hair colours It really suits them,

it looks really great for them to have bright colours in their hair,
and they all look very happy with it ,
Im off now to get some baby pinkissimo highlights
and who knows what colour next lol :)

Does anyone else have any more bright colour funky hair photos for us to have a look at ?
I would love to see some more
and I am sure all the other hair geeks would love them too

so please keep em coming

Latest posts

Back