Bright purples

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overthinker

Reaction score
Hi was just wondering if anyone could recommend a decent permanent or demi permanent bright purple? We use loreal in salon and the purples are very dark and start at a base five... Just wanted to know if there we're any out there that come out bright without having to pre lighten the hair first! And last longer than directions or crazy colour...

With any permanent hair colour you can add more tone with mixes.

But reds and purples do fad fast.

I'd like to know this too, I put a post up yesterday asking but barely got a response. Although I don't mind pre lightening as I don't think the colour is as vibrant otherwise x

I tried goldwell 6vv last week on a home client but it came out pretty red looking... I don't mind pre lightening either really but then don't know a good purple to put on afterwards as the directions etc need to be re done weekly x

For a really vibrant colour, you need to put it over a very light base. 8/9

Direct dyes fade pretty fast and need re-applying 2-3 times on dry hair before it holds well.

The best permanent purple that is a good vivid colour is probably the Goldwell Elumen range. Check out Guy Tang on YouTube. He's uses Elumen on some of his vivid colour fades.

I have used elumen before actually and it is very good! I don't need the purple to be really vibrant just fairly bright. I didn't know if wella or any other brands had good purples on say the base 6

I think Purple tints in the standard permanent lines are on a darker base so a lot of red/brown tones in them. It's more natural looking but certainly not as vivid.

If you want it bright then it needs to be on a lighter base.

I use elumen is fab, they don't lift so may have to pre lighten x

Do they do blues in that range?

Yeah they do blue in elumen x

Perfect :) can I pick them up from Sallys? The vibrant colours in my range aren't brilliant x

Hi was just wondering if anyone could recommend a decent permanent or demi permanent bright purple? We use loreal in salon and the purples are very dark and start at a base five... Just wanted to know if there we're any out there that come out bright without having to pre lighten the hair first! And last longer than directions or crazy colour...
I have just used Osmo
I used 8.2 from Osmo with 9%. It's a light purple, the lighter the hair the better. It came out a pinky purple. I then used crazy colour hot purple on top for more vibrancy. I have pictures bit they are on my phone and can't upload them. I will post them later from my tablet if anyone wants to see them. She started as a base 4 which was Box dye. I pre lightened it first but knew it wouldn't lift too well nd have a lot of warm. I think next time I might tone after lightening and then try the 8.2. My friend used 55/65 in wella colour touch with 1.9% and added some special mix /65. This was quite a dark purple.

Yeah id like to see them I haven't used crazy colour before. Just looked up the wella colour and it's nice! Think il have to strip my ladies hair but I just wanted to try other purples first as she uses live xl nornally and finds it comes out really dark x

Yeah id like to see them I haven't used crazy colour before. Just looked up the wella colour and it's nice! Think il have to strip my ladies hair but I just wanted to try other purples first as she uses live xl nornally and finds it comes out really dark x
I don't like the live colours although their semis are quite nice but they can run into other sections when rinsing. I will upload pics in a bit.

Latest posts

Back