Brisa finishing gloss not so glossy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I recently converted to brisa and i am really happy that i finally made the change *needed to save up a bit first ;)*.
I really like the results and the workability of the brisa gels and feel very satisfied about the product but one thing bothers me a tiny bit.
When i whipe the dispersion layer off the finished nail i don´t think it is AS glossy as the other finishing gel that i have used before. The nails do look smooth and glossy but i don´t get that glass-like finish. It seems that the finishing gel is more flexible though then the other ones that i used before which is a plus.
I was wondering if it is ok to use my previous finishing gels with the brisa lamp or could they overcure since the lamp is so strong.

I know other people have used different finishing gels over Brisa, but it really isn't necessary.

It really is important not to apply the top gloss too thinly, I keep it nice and thin on the margins but then sort of float a layer over the rest of the nail, if done correctly the finish is just like glass and whats more extremely durable. HTH

Thanks for replying adele. I don´t think i applied it too thin though but i will put it a bit thicker just to see if there is a difference.

Thanks for replying adele. I don´t think i applied it too thin though but i will put it a bit thicker just to see if there is a difference.

It is sometimes difficult to judge the thickness and I used to find that I was applying it unevenly, I'm sure you will resolve it soon:)

Latest posts

Back