Brisa for strength under Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treacle44

Reaction score
For clients with problem nails do you just apply a layer or clear Brisa to the natural nail before applying Shellac or do I need to use a thin clear layer and a pink as well?

X

For clients with problem nails do you just apply a layer or clear Brisa to the natural nail before applying Shellac or do I need to use a thin clear layer and a pink as well?

X

quite curious about this too.. wouldnt think the col matter but would you have to finish the nail with brisa gloss then shellac?

X

I use Brisa under Shellac on some clients who want extra strength. I do usual prep, remove shine, Brisa bond, cure, and just a thin Brisa overlay in clear, cure and then go over that with the first Shellac colour coat.

Im sure you could probably put Brisa gloss over the top too, and then apply the Shellac, I just never thought it was crucial so just left it out - I could be wrong though!? :confused: But that's what I do and never have any problems.

HTH Xx

Thats what I do and never have any problems!

If you are applying Shellac on top of Brisa you need to completely finish the Brisa application including the Brisa Gloss this gives the Shellac Colour Coat a fantastic anchor to the Brisa.

If you just apply a thin layer the chances are thar the Brisa will lift and come off it is an enhancement product so designed to be applied in layers and be built up not just painted on.
I have a few clients who have Brisa and wear Shellac too but you need to remember to charge accordingly :)

If you are applying Shellac on top of Brisa you need to completely finish the Brisa application including the Brisa Gloss this gives the Shellac Colour Coat a fantastic anchor to the Brisa.

If you just apply a thin layer the chances are thar the Brisa will lift and come off it is an enhancement product so designed to be applied in layers and be built up not just painted on.
I have a few clients who have Brisa and wear Shellac too but you need to remember to charge accordingly :)

Does this apply to other hard gels too like NSI balance gel? So after usual prep would you apply NSI balance body builder (and build your apex), then NSI finish top gloss gel, THEN WIPE OR NOT WIPE DISPERSION LAYER OFF? then no shellac basecoat just straight onto 2 shellac colour coats and shellac top coat? Can you clarify please.
Many thanks x

Does this apply to other hard gels too like NSI balance gel? So after usual prep would you apply NSI balance body builder (and build your apex), then NSI finish top gloss gel, THEN WIPE OR NOT WIPE DISPERSION LAYER OFF? then no shellac basecoat just straight onto 2 shellac colour coats and shellac top coat? Can you clarify please.
Many thanks x

Yes this would apply to all Gels and you DON'T wipe the Inhibition Layer as this is what helps the Shellac anchor to the Gel :hug:
Hths

Last edited:
what happens when its time for removal ?

what happens when its time for removal ?

As clients normally go 2 to 3 weeks they are ready for the Gel to be rebalanced so you would file the Shellac off as you are rebalancing :)

Yes this applies to all Gels and you DON'T wipe the Inhibition Layer as this is what helps the Shellac anchor to the Gel :hug:
Hths

Great thanks! So you leave out the shellac basecoat and just put the shellac colour coat on top of the hard gels gloss dispersion layer? X

Great thanks! So you leave out the shellac basecoat and just put the shellac colour coat on top of the hard gels gloss dispersion layer? X

Yes exactly then apply your Shellac Top Coat as normal :)

Sorry just thought - could you put the shellac colour coat directly on top of the builder layer (having built apex) inhibition layer instead? So you've not got as many layers???

Sorry just thought - could you put the shellac colour coat directly on top of the builder layer (having built apex) inhibition layer instead? So you've not got as many layers???

It's always recommended that you complete your Gel application completely before applying the Shellac.

It's always recommended that you complete your Gel application completely before applying the Shellac.

Ok thanks, is there a reason for that? X

Thank you, I'll just do clear with the brisa gloss to finish then. Perfect thanks :)

Yes this applies to all Gels and you DON'T wipe the Inhibition Layer as this is what helps the Shellac anchor to the Gel :hug:
Hths

OK, so you would...
prep as usual?
brisa bond
1x clear
1x gloss
then go straight onto Shellac col? and this would be ideal for clients with damaged nails and would like to grow there nails but prone to breaking?

would you say around £10 ontop of the shellac service?

I do not apply shellac to the sticky layer of nsi I finish the gels by filling them and just don't apply finish clear or glaze and go then apply shellac colour

I do not apply shellac to the sticky layer of nsi I finish the gels by filling them and just don't apply finish clear or glaze and go then apply shellac colour

Do they last ok?

Ok thanks, is there a reason for that? X

Ok let me see if I can write this and it make sence :)

I'm going to explain about Brisa UV Gel as this is what I know about I'm not able to comment on other Gels.
If you think of it like this when you do a Brisa application you use all the correct parts of the system and this is what gives it strength and durability so if you we're to miss out a part of the system then you could be effecting the end result that your client is going to get.

As I said just applying a thin layer of Brisa and not building an Apex will effect the wear for the client and again missing out the Brisa Gloss can also effect the wear as this is what gives the final protection of the Enhancement and as Shellac is a different thing to the Brisa you will not getting the same protective layer over the Brisa with Shellac as you would do with the Brisa Gloss.

Just to say the L&P is different as once you have filed the enhancement you are finished the full application there is not another part of the system you need to apply so its fine to go straight to Shellac Colour.

I really hope this makes sence to you guys and has helped explain
:hug:

Last edited:
would you say around £10 ontop of the shellac service?

You would charge for the Brisa Application then extra for the Shellac wich again varies but £10 for the Shellac application is about right.

Latest posts

Back