Brisa French on natural nail help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shellposer

Reaction score
Hi guys
Can you give me a step by step for a Brisa French on the natural nail tried it on my friend & the white has chipped off on 4 the rest at the moment seem ok .I have prepped /capped etc I am at a loss can anyone run through step by step so I can check absolutly everything thanks in advance.:rolleyes:

It sounds as though you need to do a course. I see from your profile that you do L&P, so you should be able to do a conversion course for Brisa. I'm just mystified about where you are buying your product :confused:

Hi Adele
I was actually given the brisa by someone who couldnt get on with it included the brisa lamp & all required.Several years ago I myself did a gel course with star nails & then did a L&p course & never looked back I am a l&p gal myself but do like the gel for a natural overlays but as I said had the problem with the white. I have not filled out all on my profile as I mainly do L&P have now updated.Thanks though for your reply
Kind regards
Shelly

Brisa UV Gel is not like any other gel system- Why don't you tell us what YOU are doing, step by step, so we can better troubleshoot? This usually works out better ;)

Hi heather
thanks for tryin to help me it is much appreciated as I am at a loss & really want this gel french to last & NOT chip.
1. fully prep nails (remove shine from nat nail push back cuticle,remove terigion
scrubfresh nail ,allow to dry)
2. apply bond allow to dry
3. apply thin layer of Brisa gel scrubbing in to nail
4. cure in Brisa lamp 2mins
5. Apply another coat and build apex
6. Cure in Brisa lamp 2mins
7. Apply pow back swipe smile with damp brush of scrub fresh
8. Cure 2mins
9. Apply Brisa top coat
10.Cure 2mins
11.wipe of sticky layer with scrub fresh

All of these stages of appling gel I have capped the free edge

If it's a NNO, you might want to extend the free edge a little bit, sculpting it out slightly- this is helpful!

ANd it might possibly be your lamp- I have found that I need to replace my bulbs every couple of months as opposed to every 4-6 when I use it regularly, and I have ALSO found that it goes out on me quicker when I plug it into a POWERCARD/SURGE protector- plug it into a single outlet and that can help extend the life of your bulbs. I also found that if I didnt clean my foils and bulbs with a quick swipe in between clients, it was affecting my cure as well.

Let me know if any of this is helpful! All your steps sound spot on, are you using cuticle away to remove cuticle? And de-activating with water? Sounds like you have the steps down, its all about refining at this point :)

I am kind of having the same problems with Brisa with both my clients (and myself) chipping at the corners. I have narrowed it down to only happening on a squarer shape. I have no probs at all on a rounded shape.
I conclude that it must be my technique specifically on the corners of the nail.
Is it mainly side walls and corners with yourself? Are you having problems on a rounder shape too?

I'm currently trying to decide if I am missing prep in that area or if I am not quite capping properly in those tricky places............results unknown at this time!:lol: Maybe someone with more gel experience can advise about the complexities of corners using gel.

If you feel you are doing everthing right while appling the gel and you make sure the shine while preping is off in the corner and sidewalls and bonder is on good in those areas before appling gel, then you might try keeping nails shorter. Could be she is very ruff on her nails, lot of typing, cashier, gardener ect. Some peoples nails don't hold up as will as others because of their chemistry. They may be on medication or have some diease or disorder causing their body to give off to much hormon or oil, ect. Another problem could be nail dring out under tip, they need to use solar oil or something like it so the natural tip doesn,t start curling away from gel. Make sure you check under nail tip at each fill for this and correct it if its curling or it will crack later. :)

You know, chipping should not really occur unless the ends of the nails are getting beaten up by the client's lifestyle. It is illogical to blame yourself or your technique for these things happening.

You're not having trouble with Brisa ... it's probably the strongest gel out there .. you are having problems with the client's use of her nails or your prescription length for the client is wrong ... or you are just not building the nails strongly. 99% of the time it is length that is the problem.

The clients I had that did home maintenance and took the length of their nails down a bit after 2 weeks never had any real problems .. the ones that left their nails to grow and grow over 3 weeks always had more problems at their rebalance appointment.

If the length of the nails is right for the client when she leaves the salon, then it is not going to be right for her by the time she returns. Either make the nails shorter to start with OR teach your client how to just file a tiny bit at the 2 week stage. It makes the world of difference to how well their enhancements last.

Thank you so much to all of you who have replied I will try a shorter nail see if that helps many thanks.:hug:

Latest posts

Back