Brisa gel finishing question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jax

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I use brisa gel and as I have improved in my application of it over the past few months I sometimes feel that after I have done the base and builder gel, the shape and arches are pretty good. I find myself filing off the shine to then go ahead and put the uv top coat on.
My question is; can I drop the uv top coat if refining the shape isn't necessary after my builder gel?
Also can the clear builder gel be used as a top coat instead of the uv top coat?

Thanks gel geeks
xx

well, a UV Top coat would prevent your nails to suffer from UV (in sun or stuff) which means... your builder wouldn't.

Good point, although not such a problem where I live, we're lucky to get 5 hours of daylight in a day at the moment!

If you are happy with your shape etc just use the finishing gloss straight over the builder layer without buffing. It will stick to the sticky layer.

If you are happy with your shape etc just use the finishing gloss straight over the builder layer without buffing. It will stick to the sticky layer.

Yes you can do this....but even if your happy with the overall shape after the builder, wouldn't you still like to just file the sidewalls and cuticle area to make nice and flush with the nail...?

Well ive been using the brisa shimmers as a top coat on L&P to add shimmer & shine...ive not had any probs.

Hi geeks

I use brisa gel and as I have improved in my application of it over the past few months I sometimes feel that after I have done the base and builder gel, the shape and arches are pretty good. I find myself filing off the shine to then go ahead and put the uv top coat on.
My question is; can I drop the uv top coat if refining the shape isn't necessary after my builder gel?
Also can the clear builder gel be used as a top coat instead of the uv top coat?

Thanks gel geeks
xx

Yes, you could drop the top coat if you feel the nail needs no further buffing.

Brisa gels do not yellow with or without the top coat as Brisa gels do not yellow. The function of the top coat, in the case of Brisa gels, is to add shine NOT to prevent yellowing.

Yes, you can use a thin layer of Builder as your top coat if you wish.

However, I do think that you shouldn't get to 'happy' with your work that you neglect to finish the nails off properly. I think all nails need some refining to make them perfect ... you must be some fantastic nail tech if you think your nails don't need it.

Latest posts

Back