brisa gel is 'running'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_sabrina_

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently done a conversion course with creative and I'm having a problem with brisa when applying it. First I do a very thin layer and cure for 10seconds. Then when I apply the second layer to build the apex, I find that it's running and gel goes flat within a few seconds. I almost can't even do 2 fingers at one go. I tried doing 3 layers at a time but I find that it takes me too much time. I have tried searching for a thread about this but couldn't find any :irked: . If anyone could direct me to a helping thread I would be really grateful.

Thanks!

Sometimes when i find its warm in the salon i find that the gel is more runny, i tried locking 1 nail at a time for 10 seconds and this seemed to help.Have you tried this?x

You need to fully cure your first bonder layer for 2 mins before applying your builder layer....not sure if that's where the problem lies but you must fully cure your bonder layer.

HTH

Maybe you have a faulty pot, have you contacted your supplier. I had this prob with another brand and it turns out it was a completely faulty batch, if no one complains then they won't know. If not, then I agree it could be that working in Malta where it's nice and hot is contributing to the problem. Funny I have to sit mine on my towel heater to warm it slightly to make it more fluid!!

I've been having a similar problem Sabrina, it has to be to do with us both being in the Med and the heat we've been having recently.
By keeping your gel in a cool dark place it will help it to keep its consistency.
Doing as Zoe said, and freeze curing the nails one at a time for 10 seconds will keep the shape you've built and then you can fully cure them after you've done your last nail.
I've found that I've had to work much faster with my Brisa just recently, it has to be weather related.

ValencianNails said:
I've been having a similar problem Sabrina, it has to be to do with us both being in the Med and the heat we've been having recently.
By keeping your gel in a cool dark place it will help it to keep its consistency.
Doing as Zoe said, and freeze curing the nails one at a time for 10 seconds will keep the shape you've built and then you can fully cure them after you've done your last nail.
I've found that I've had to work much faster with my Brisa just recently, it has to be weather related.

Do you guys not fully cure your bonder layer then? Not more gel stuff I am missing!!

yes i fully cure the bonder layer then when doing the builder layer ill freeze cure each nail for 10 secs then when ive applied to all the nails i will then fully cure.HTMS.X

Cathie! said:
Do you guys not fully cure your bonder layer then? Not more gel stuff I am missing!!
I do when I do fingers, but don't bother when I do toes. Only because of the order I work in with toes is different to fingers and it works out that way.

thanks for all the replies :) ....yes i've been thinking that it could be temperature related because it's hot here. Last client I had this evening for a full set, I did the cuticle area and cured, zone 2 and cured, free edge and cured, - each for 10 seconds then a full 2 mins cure...took such a long time but couldn't do otherwise as it was getting on the skin :irked: ! I love the gel because it's self-leveling but it's getting on my nerves *lol*.
Now that I'm thinking about it.....I can put the gel in the refridgerator for a few mins if I have clients at home, but it's still a problem when I'm visiting them :rolleyes: :irked:

About the bonding layer - our educator told us that it only needs to cure for 10seconds as it is a very thin layer...

_sabrina_ said:
About the bonding layer - our educator told us that it only needs to cure for 10seconds as it is a very thin layer...
I always cure my bonder layer for the full 2 minutes, then I work on 1 or 2 nails at a time, freeze cure (10 second lock) each nail when I've got the shape I want before doing a full 2 minute cure on 4 fingers, then shape/finish, apply POW 2 minute cure, then finishing gloss and 2 minute cure.

place your pot of gel on a picknic ice pack, that will cool it just enough but not to much xxxx

Latest posts

Back