Brisa gloss instead of Shellac topcoat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conny

Reaction score
The client is "a picker" and biting on the skin around her nails.
Would it be more picker-proof with Brisa-gloss on top of her Shellac? (I think YES)
:confused: Her nails are healthy and strong.
Thanks in advance,

Greetings from Belgium,
Conny

You could do it, but remember that Brisa Gloss will not soak off ... it's a file off gel and her nails might not be in such a healthy condition if you do that every 2-3 weeks.

You could do it, but remember that Brisa Gloss will not soak off ... it's a file off gel and her nails might not be in such a healthy condition if you do that every 2-3 weeks.

My idea :hug:
She will be my first Brisa lite client :lol:
Thanks,

Conny

Brisa gloss is a hard gloss so wouldn't that cause the shellac to crack?

Brisa gloss is a hard gloss so wouldn't that cause the shellac to crack?

Why? IT might crack but I dont see that it would make Shellac crack. Shellac is not brittle.

Why? IT might crack but I dont see that it would make Shellac crack. Shellac is not brittle.

I was taught that putting a hard gel over a soft gel will cause hairline cracks in the hard gel gloss.

I was taught that putting a hard gel over a soft gel will cause hairline cracks in the hard gel gloss.

As I said .. IT could crack if knocked or bent .. That doesn't mean it will. Personally, if I need some extra strength I find that 2 coats of top coat generally helps.

Last edited:
I always use brisa gloss on top of my shellac purely because its acetone resistant (got fed up of messing up my shellac with d-solve etc , yes im clumsy) . Never had a cracking issue , never done it on a client though x

I always use brisa gloss on top of my shellac purely because its acetone resistant (got fed up of messing up my shellac with d-solve etc , yes im clumsy) . Never had a cracking issue , never done it on a client though x

This sounds interesting. I may give this a go on my own nails because I feel the same. I wouldn't do it on a client either. And do you just buff off the shine and wrap as normal after 2 weeks?

This sounds interesting. I may give this a go on my own nails because I feel the same. I wouldn't do it on a client either. And do you just buff off the shine and wrap as normal after 2 weeks?

I do I just buff off the brisa top coat until i hit the colour coat then wrap in the normal way - ive been doing this since october and never had a problem with it x

I do I just buff off the brisa top coat until i hit the colour coat then wrap in the normal way - ive been doing this since october and never had a problem with it x

Thank you, if I don't invest in Brisa light straight away I will do this :)

Latest posts

Back