Brisa help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoLimitNails

Reaction score
Hello
I have tried to find answers in a search but cannot find just the right answer.

My problem is to different clients, they have the same type of nails, which is fairly thin.
They lift so much they sort of peels off on the nail. Both of them have tried acrylic, which was fine for a few months, then they started peeling of. We moved on to brisa and again a few month and you can litterally peel them of the nail.

I have tried so much, its not the prep, as I have many many clients and they don't lift at all.
I have tried nailfreshing them (both once and twice)
I have tried less liquid bond
They are not thick in the overlay

I'm kind of desperate, and do not have an explanation on this!

Its so weird as its just thes two, can anyone help or explain this?

I don't know if this will help, but I'll give it a try. :)

I have a couple of clients (mother and daughter) who both have extremely thin natural nails. They lift way more my other clients; I tried gel on both of them to see if the extra flexibility would be good--it turned out to be TOO flexible for them, and they lifted even more than the acrylic did.

They're both back on acrylic, and I've been using Radical with primer on them, with good results. The Radical is a little more flexible than the Retention+, and the primer gives the adhesion a boost. They still lift some, but it's so much better than when I first saw them. Part of the problem with these ladies is that they pocket-lift a lot (I think because their nails are so thin, and slightly scooped.) and it doesn't show until the pockets are huge, and by then the enhancement is halfway off.

Do these two clients of yours have scooped nail plates? That can affect the adhesion of any product (as I've learned the hard way!). I hope this helps a little!

One of them does, I might try the radical on them as I have ever only tried rentention (but both with and without primer) I have never thought about gel beeing to flexible for them. Thanks:hug:

What I don't understand is howcome they are very fine the first few month on every system, and them boom lifting like crazy?

Drives me mad as any other client have none or few problems depending on how harsh they are with their nails

I have very curly nails and they are sadly now also quite thin.

I have been wearing Brisa since March with no problems at all and then suddenly got lifting - all in different places. Gigi suggested a total removal and start again, on a thread Sandi started so I have done this. Heres the link
Nails coming off - need help please

They lift from zone 3, and when I file it down, it looks like it's attached to the nail, but I can scratch it away if you know what I mean, and doing this it looks like polish flaking of...
So they don't ever lift from zone one....

I know you said the overlays are not thick but are they thick enough...??

yes I think/hope they are, it's when i file them down(removed one of the sets as I kind of gave up) when the last tiny layer of gel is on the nail you can peel it of like polish.
Just a long shot here, but could it be down to the way I work in my bonding layer?? Don't I rub it enough? Could that be it?

Replace your bulbs!!!!!!!

Sounds like undercuring to me

Nope Its brisa lamps and they indicate when time to change, and notice that none of the other clients have problems just these two od ones, and both with L&P and brisa gels, just starting a few moth after the first appointment.

Latest posts

Back