Brochure templates help!! lol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hi guys, trying to design a broucher I have all the info and know what I want design wise, I know someone at a printing company who will print it for free, but I'd like to send exactly what I want. Having a little trouble as have no idea how to do the layout! lol does anyone know of a free template that is REALLY :green: easy to use?
Thanks xx

Microsoft Publisher or OpenOffice Draw are suitable software packages that I've used (or seen used) in the past for designing brochures/price lists. The latter (OpenOffice Draw) is a free download, from www.openoffice.org

However you'll still need to design a suitable 3-column layout (for a tri-fold brochure) or whatever. I don't know of any free templates off the top of my head, sadly...

Thanks Ruth,
Thats the bit I'm having I'm having a problem with lol basically I need an idots guide to make a broucher :lol: I'm getting very annoyed with myself I know I'm not stupid but I can't do this lol
Might have to give up ans see if my friend can do it all, as I have all the info I need in it etc just wanted to do it my self lol xx

Aye, they can be a right pain to align and whatnot, can't they? Good luck with it all, and don't get too stressed if you can't find a straightforward way of doing it yourself.

i make my own altho quite simple on glossy paper (have a nice little flower picture.)..which i can get printed in quantity if i need. i do this is with fancy font in word ... format = two columns... i get page 4 and 1 ..one side twice (top and bottom) and and 2 and 3 which is the inside page, print both sides then i cut in half..also have a look at microsoft office online it has downloads/templates/clipart ....xx

Last edited:
I also make my own using Microsoft Office Word, it's quite simple to do, if you have it. This is how I do mine.
On the page layout tab I first set my orientation to landscape, then on columns I set to three (so I can make a tri-fold), on margins I go down to narrow, so I can fit more writing in.
I do two pages of that. Then put all my info in, On the third column on the first page I put my name, business, contact details etc and in the first two columns I put my price list. Start with the price list though so the info on the third column doesn't keep moving lol.
My second page is just all for my aftercare and other info (which is the inside).
Then print it (it drove me mad the first few times, for some reason I just couldn't print it right, I kept turning the paper upside down?! lol), I print loads of my first pages first then flip my paper and print the second page.
My friend last night asked me where I had them done which was a nice compliment, reminds me actually, I should really print some more out.

Just had a look, you can do it on Microsoft works word processor.
Similar thing, go to file, page setup, set orientation to landscape. Then on format go to columns, again set to three. Go back to page setup and on margins set your top, bottom, left and right to the width you want, then put all your info in.

Last edited:
jb, do you have any picture behind the wording if so where,, how??? mine is plain white, but i do have a little flower....lol

No, I don't have anything behind my writing, I just print them on plain pink paper, I want to get hold of some thicker paper though. On office you can colour the paper with colour blends but I've not seen actual pictures, you just have to make sure you click the "print background" in the print options or it won't print it, I think it wastes too much ink though personally.
I'm sure you can buy some pre-printed patterned paper from somewhere.

Just had a play on office, you can put a faded pic behind all the writing by going on watermark (on page layout), custom watermark, picture, choose one of your own pictures and set size.
I'd prob still go and buy some proper printed paper though.

Last edited:
Hi
I also use Word, landscape and 3 columns.
The amount of ink you would use to print an image behind the text would not really make it cost effective. I agree that the best bet is to buy a nice quality paper with an image / pattern already printed on.
HTH
x

Incidentally, I do know of someone who would be able to help out if you were still having difficulties; please could you pm me if you want his details.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you have a friend at a printers who is prepared to print it for free, they may have a template they can send to you? Check with them how they need to receive the completed files (jpeg etc etc)

Also, you may need to allow for print margins if having it printed professionally - your printer friend should be able to help

Jx

Didn't want you to get too far down the line then find out you needed to start all over again - have been there myself!

Hi

If your willing to pay for a design, can I recomend Carl from Verveprint?

Have a look at his website www.verveprint.co.uk he is fantastic at designing brochures, logos, vouchers etc.

Hi

If your willing to pay for a design, can I recomend Carl from Verveprint?

Have a look at his website verve design he is fantastic at designing brochures, logos, vouchers etc.

Actually, it's Carl that I was going to suggest, but I didn't want to be seen to be too obviously "pimping" his services lol...
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually, it's Carl that I was going to suggest, but I didn't want to be seen to be too obviously "pimping" his services lol...
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol!!

Thank you ladies,:hug: have just managed to do the the inside of my price list :) now for the outside.........lol I want zebra print but dont know how to get it to fit the whole section, found some images but it just come out as lots of squares :eek: can anyone help me on this xxxx

What you could do is use vistaprint to design it.

Basically use the readymade template then order the pdf (which costs a couple of quid) then your friend will know what you want or do the whole thing with vistaprint if your happy with design.

Thank you ladies,:hug: have just managed to do the the inside of my price list :) now for the outside.........lol I want zebra print but dont know how to get it to fit the whole section, found some images but it just come out as lots of squares :eek: can anyone help me on this xxxx

You could be very cheeky and steal the background from www.glamgalstanning.com ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

tried the glam one but its no seemless if you know what I mean lol xx

got it! yipeeeeeee lol next problem cant get txt over it........... I'm not a thick honest :green: xx

got it! yipeeeeeee lol next problem cant get txt over it........... I'm not a thick honest :green: xx

Never put text directly over zebra print as it's an absolute pig to read! Better to just use the zebra print as a border; plain backgrounds work best for putting text on!

Latest posts

Back