Brothers aaghh!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Delights

Reaction score
So angry sorry for the rant but just stuck
my little brother 21 has just split with his fiance of 3 years none of us know why and he won't even truly admit it's happened but we can all see it.

Well his fb status tonight was couldnt wish to be any more dead at the moment.
Well I panic caus he is the sort that just hours into himself takes everything to heart so I text him, nothing.
He lives with our mum but knowing she is away I'm scared he will do something stupid so I call him no answer so I leave a voicemail then ten minutes later knowing I won't sleep tonight I call him again he answers but silence. So I go over just want him to confirm hes ok and alive he's there can see thought the window but he's double locked the door do my key won't work
So twenty mins later I give up knocking and begging to be let in caus he won't let me in and my phone has died
I get home put my phone on and get a txt telling me to just leave him alone he wants to sleep was I wrong or is he being an inconsiderate little p***k like I think he is being
Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Last edited by a moderator:
You weren't wrong, you were worried. It's perfectly natural and he'll appreciate it when he's out of this. He's sounds like he's just very very sad. I would be worried if he sounds like he's that kind of guy, but sometimes people just need to be alone to process things. Just keep letting him know you're there when he needs you, and he'll thank you for it when he pulls himself round. Good luck honey. Xxx

I agree. You did the right thing of course, but for him this is a time he will only be thinking of himself and how he feels ... He won't be considering how you feel .. He's a man!! I have 3 brothers ... Need I say more?

You were not wrong at all, you care and love him so that would be the only sane thing to do.

I would of done the exact same thing in all honesty, to split up from someone you love is one of the most horrid feelings ever and your emotions are all over the place. He prob just wants some time to think and just let it all out but just keep a watch out for him x x

Thanks I hardly slept last night so txt him this morning saying just tell me your ok or not and he finally text me back saying he is fine just to leave him alone. I just can't get why he would care so little not to tell me last night I had the worst thoughts going through my mind hopefully he will be ok just wish he would talk

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

It's not that he cares so little about you, it's just that he's very sad. It's not about you, and people that get that low, they don't consider anyone else. It's not on purpose, it's just when you're that low you don't have the energy to deal with yourself never mind anyone else. When he's all better, then tell him how upset and worried you were and how left out you felt, but until then, don't take it so personally. Hope he's feeling better. xxx

Like above said. Give him a MSG saying if there is anything he needs to txt u, then let him be for 5/6 days, if u not heard anything just send a MSG saying 'everything ok?' and let him get back in his own time xoxo

It's not that he cares so little about you, it's just that he's very sad. It's not about you, and people that get that low, they don't consider anyone else. It's not on purpose, it's just when you're that low you don't have the energy to deal with yourself never mind anyone else. When he's all better, then tell him how upset and worried you were and how left out you felt, but until then, don't take it so personally. Hope he's feeling better. xxx

Couldn't have put it better myself. Don't take it personnaly, he is just needs to deal with this in his own way. Let him know you are there for him when he feels he is ready or needs someone but don't push too hard as he will more than likley pull away as he won't be able to cope with all the fuss. Just text or call him in a few days and see how he is doing.

You've not done anything wrong, you love him and are worried about him. He just seems to be in a low place and is more than likely caught up in his own problems and does not see how his behavour is effecting those around him that care about him.

Sam xxx

omg i am so glad im not the only one! i had exactly the same happen with my brother a few weeks ago, he had split with his girlfriend, went on a mad binge of drink n drugs and kept sayin his life was over n wanted to be dead. like u i was worried sick! in the end i just had to leave him to cause he kept getting angry and abusive wiv me n i told him to call me if he needed to. 3 weeks later he's back with his girlfriend n happy as Larry - till the next time.
just let him have his space he'll sort himself out in his own time - i think little brothers were sent to give us grey hairs lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

my brothers an ass too! not the same sort of thing as above.... but he disappears for days on end with out telling anyone were he is, no text or call... nothing.

We don't want to 'babysit' him as he kindly puts it, we just like to know he's safe! he worrys my mum sick. he's only 18 so he's young & carefree with no understanding.

maybe he will understand when he has children of his own. mums do worry that's what there here for lol x

my brothers an ass too! not the same sort of thing as above.... but he disappears for days on end with out telling anyone were he is, no text or call... nothing.

We don't want to 'babysit' him as he kindly puts it, we just like to know he's safe! he worrys my mum sick. he's only 18 so he's young & carefree with no understanding.

maybe he will understand when he has children of his own. mums do worry that's what there here for lol x

At 18?!?
That's just naughty! Maybe he thinks at his age he's now an adult so can do as he pleases. Even now I don't feel like an adult at 22. He will as you said soon learn, when younger siblings or family members start growing up and think its ok to do things like that xoxo

Latest posts

Back