Brow tint changed colour!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I tinted my sister in laws brows on Monday, I have done them many many times before and we always use the same colour and have never had a problem.

I saw her last night and they just seem to have a really odd tinge to them, almost a green/ginger tinge, very subtle but enough for her to mention and for me to see.

Is there something she could have used that would have caused this? It's not something I have come across before and I would like to know before I attempt to correct it. To be it seems to be more the tint staining on the skin that looks slightly discoloured so I would imagine this will wear of pretty soon.

Thankyou

Zooks

this can happen with 1:2 tint to activator?

how old is the tint? some eyebrow tints have 6months to use when opened timescale. xoxo

Did she have fake tan on? Or applied after you tinted them x

I'm not sure how old the tint is if I am totally honest. I do a lot of tinting so they get replaced fairly regularly, I wouldn't say they were older than 6 months.

I use refectocil an the cream activator.

The colour of her brows looked fine when she left, obviously or I wouldn't have let her leave.

Come to think of it she did have what looked like a tan line on her neck last night and her Boyf was trying to removed it but she said it wasn't tan.

Confused!

Fake tan sounds like definatly x

Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek

So how does that affect the tint then?

Would my best option be to tint them again?

The tan will do to her brows what it does to skin ... Turn it orange lol

The tan will do to her brows what it does to skin ... Turn it orange lol

When I spray tan someone their brows certainly don't go orange! So is it a reaction with the tint and the tan?

I would say the tint has been done and they have gone home and applied some sort of moisturiser with a tanning agent in perhaps not knowing and it reacts with the tint stain on the skin and turns them ginger xx

The tint and tan react with each other if the tan is applied after almost ginger looking if that makes sense.
If tint is applied over skin with tan on it turns greeny.
If you were to tint and tan the same day it's recommended to use a barrier cream over the brows to help prevent this :) x

That's obviously what she's done then even if she's denying it! Thankyou Geeks.
What can I do to fix it?

I only learnt this mistake after tinting my brows then putting some tan on for a festival! Looking in the mirror in my tent I noticed my orange brows (horror) haha!
They faded but not sure what i did to sort it, sorry hopefully someone else will help x

I'm not sure how old the tint is if I am totally honest. I do a lot of tinting so they get replaced fairly regularly, I wouldn't say they were older than 6 months.

I use refectocil an the cream activator.

The colour of her brows looked fine when she left, obviously or I wouldn't have let her leave.

Come to think of it she did have what looked like a tan line on her neck last night and her Boyf was trying to removed it but she said it wasn't tan.

Confused!

This happened to me! Dark brown tint + cream activator = green brows. They were fine at first and green the next day. The only different thing I did was I had my hair coloured and the colour was taking while I was tinting my brows. I don't use any tan products x

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

I did this once tinted and tanned on same day (would never do on a client ) but yes woke up with greeny orange brows lovely ! Just ready for my holiday lol !

Text her last night and she admits using Johnson Gradual Tan!

So I am thinking obviously I will be wanting to let clients know each time I do their brows? Is this something that just happens if you use it the same day? I take it after a day or so you would be fine?!

Yeah day after should be fine obvs with a shower ha.
If clients insist on tanning & tinting I cover their brows in Vaseline to act as a barrier x

On the HD course we were advised to wait 24 hours between having a tan and tinting the brows as it reacts with the tint. I've only ever seen it happen on the skin though never the brow hair and I find using tint remover afterwards generally removes it maybe give that a try xxx

Latest posts

Back