Brow tint only lasting 3 days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty4you

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks,

Wondering if I can have oyur advise. My neice has issues with hair dye only lasting a few weeks before needing done again but I tinted her brows last time they lasted a few weeks but this time they only lasted 3 days before needing done again.

Wondering if it could be my stock is too old / open too long ( about 7 months), I didn't use enough tint developer or since she has an issue with hair dye it is just her hair.

If this is the case is there anything that might help? posting in skin geek as I am dealing with the brow tint rather than her hair but I am assuming since having kids 5 years ago it has affected her.

The tint I used was Proffesional beauty systems.

Also why brand would you recommend thuya or refectocil?

Thanks
catherine

Last edited:
i only tint my own so i dont have much experience even though i am qualified, but...

i have my tint from ages ago as i use so little and its still fine.

what do you mean by saying you didnt add enough developer ? and was the area cleansed and dry before application, did you leave it on long enough. it sounds like it was never really absorbed by the hair.

I am just wondering if I never used enough developer for the amount to tint if this would effect the time the colour would last.

She has very dark hair so I used an brown blue/black mix for her brows which was on and off so that they were not too dark. AMybe she needs just the brown and left on to develop for longer?

trial and error I suppose. First time I have came across this in almost 1 year.

thanks for your help

Cath

Hiya

to be honest i have been told not to use black/blue on the brows! just stick to the brown tint for the brows and if they are very dark then leave it on for a little longer!
hope this helps x:)

That's what I have just done. See how long it last for this time. cheers.

Hiya doll, I had the same prob with my mums i left it on longer the next time and seems to be ok i bought new dye He shi its lovely and the black IS black.

Hope all is well with you xx

You should never use black......especially not blue/black on brows as the blue will linger. Use the brown.

Sounds as though you need to leave it on longer. Try 2mins and wipe off, then re-assess and re-apply for another 1 to 2 mins if needed. Then shape to prefection. xx

I was on a training course for threading and the girl had mentioned that putting in blue/black was really good to try for the brows so she was my first and only try with the blue/black mix and it did look nice but was not on long enough to last. trial and error I suppose.

Thanks for the advise kim.

I have just used the brown left it on longer and it is perfect as it should be.

Cath
x

I also was taught never to use blue/black on the eyebrows, I know someone who did use this and the eyebrows were very blue! Just thought id let you know what could happen cos I wouldnt want you to continue using the blue/black mix and this happened to you.

I've never had a problem using blue/black!
I've only ever used it on very dark brows though.
I think the problem is that colleges teach you to put the tint on and more or less take it straight off.
Well in the real world you can leave it on longer :)
It's really not going to last too long if you wipe it straight off so i would leave it on for a bit longer so that the tint has time to take.

Latest posts

Back