Brown Staining on Nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smooth

Reaction score
Do any nail geeks know of a way of removing hydroquinone staining off nails that doesn't involve diluted bleach? It won't buff off so that's not an option either.:sad:

Do any nail geeks know of a way of removing hydroquinone staining off nails that doesn't involve diluted bleach? It won't buff off so that's not an option either.:sad:

I don't know alot about Hydrquinone hun but i have a friend who was murder for staining her nails with different products, this being one of them and she used Whitening Denture tablets.
put one in warm water and as it is still fizzing put your nails in the water - lifts the stain.
It takes a couple of goes if it is really bad, i have used myself for White tip nail enhancements, it fizzes out all the muck/lint that collects on the 'not so cared for' clients nails. lol

It worked for her so worth a try for a couple of £. hth

Cuticle remover gets rid of most stains .

They also make a nail bleach especially formulated for that purpose. I suggest it to my hair stylist clients that get color on their nails. You can purchase from Sally's.

I don't know alot about Hydrquinone hun but i have a friend who was murder for staining her nails with different products, this being one of them and she used Whitening Denture tablets.
put one in warm water and as it is still fizzing put your nails in the water - lifts the stain.
It takes a couple of goes if it is really bad, i have used myself for White tip nail enhancements, it fizzes out all the muck/lint that collects on the 'not so cared for' clients nails. lol

It worked for her so worth a try for a couple of £. hth

I use hydroquinone for pigmentation on my face, but I had not been washing my hands straight away so it has been staining my nails over the years. It's quite bad at the moment on two fingers of my right hand to the point where I look like a smoker, it's not attractive at all. Will try these, thank you.

Cuticle remover gets rid of most stains .

I suppose if it disolves overgrown cuticles it should be able to strip a stain, I am in a salon later so I'll ask one of the therapists if they can give it a try.

They also make a nail bleach especially formulated for that purpose. I suggest it to my hair stylist clients that get color on their nails. You can purchase from Sally's.

Unique Tips, thank you so much, I'm not near a Sallys store but if the other two don't work I'll make a special visit. Thank you x

The cuticle remover worked on the lower part of the nail, do you think if I keep trying this it will go? I'm nipping to get some nail bleach to see if it will bleach out the nail tip

Latest posts

Back