brush advise for intricate work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tickled Pink!

Reaction score
My freehand nail art, i have decided, needs some more work! I can airbrush no problem and do 'abstract' freehand art, but am struggling with 'intricate' freehand designs. I have looked at Christie's web site and she has some truely stunning examples of her work and am all revved up to create some master pieces! What brushes would you recommend for say, pretty flowers and leaves? Are there any techniques needed to produce flowers - my petals sometimes seem awfully large and are a bit hit and miss. Like i say, the abstract work is fine but 'delicate and pretty' is a no-no at the mo! :cry:

i have recently bought a "skinny Striper" which is very thin, only a few bristle and only about 1 cm long. Its great to do really thin lines and very intricate designs. I got mine from Sally's, so hope this helps.

I use a detail brush for intricate work. I like to use a sable one as they last longer and are better quality, so they give a better finish. Try looking in an art shop before you buy one so you can see all the different ones on the markey before you decide to buy one. :D

Try the search facility and you will get plenty of info on nail art brushes......just found this one for you http://www.samuelsweet.com/showthread.php?t=874&highlight=brushesChristie introduced us to the Filbert brush ages ago and it really does help when doing your flower petals.

Fine stripers are excellent for getting your flicks on nails or straight lines (ie.Burberry design).

Fine detailers are a must for doing exactly what it says.

A dotting/marbeliser tool is also fab for doing dot type flowers.

Thats all I can think of for now.........good luck

Adele

thanks for the link - i'll check it out...

Latest posts

Back