Feeling really anxious - considering writing a complaint about a teacher

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reidebot

Down the Rabbit hole.
Reaction score
Now I know I can blow wave really well. I pretty much mastered the straight blow wave in my apprenticeship. I am very confident in it and feel as that I do very well with it. Curly ones I need to work on timing but that is just me learning.

We have 4 teachers at my school. The principle offers advise when I need it (eg the teachers made me change to my largest brush and so my sections were the wrong size. He noticed and corrected it).

Anyway there is this one teacher I'm having issues with. She's older then the others. I am trying to take her seriously but she keeps interupting me and saying I need to do my blow waves differently. And that I am not focussing on the ends enough. But none of the other teachers think this. In fact they think my blow waves are amazing. It's just my timing that is off. I had a client who needed to leave in 3 minutes (parking). I had two sections left and her blow wave was looking really good. The teacher stopped me as I was doing the section and said that I needed to change from the brush that the school made me use and then use a wooden brush. She blow waved one section really slowly so I could see and made it pin straight and flat when we were going for body and tucking under with a mild flick. The client said the was going to fix it at home to me after the teacher walked off. It was just irritating.

I asked my teacher if she could get someone to trim my fringe as well. She sat my down and did it. I asked for a rounded fringe. I even showed her a picture of Melanie Martinez fringe. She has inverted the roundness, pulled the sides of my hair into it and it pretty much comes from my crown. It is a disaster. the outer corners of the eyebrows are where it is the shortest (about a 0.5 cm above my eyebrows) and the bridge of my nose is where it is longest. I don't understand how she got that from the image . And I literally cannot hit it. She also started chopping into my hair claiming the other teacher and student who cut my hair did a bad job. She didn't even ask me for my consent. Her scissors also hurt, when she was splicing it felt like she was ripping my hair out. (Scissor not sharp?).

I am considering writing a formal complaint to the schools admin because I feel like (and others in my class do as well) that she is causing a lot of issues. But How would you go about doing that? I don't want to seem pretentious or anything but I know my weaknesses and blow waving isn't one of them excluding timing with the more complicated ones. (the images on my page are really old btw).

What would you do about a teacher you feel isn't very good?

Sometimes the biggest critics can be your best teacher. When you can do a blowdry and your biggest critic has no negative feedback you know you have cracked. Work with it. I wouldn't make a complaint it's not going to get you anywhere. It could cause more bad friction which you don't want. Focus on your work and being the best you can be xx

I personally wouldn't write a complaint as it could just make the situation worse/ awkward. She may just be trying to help you but shows it in the wrong way, some teachers are like that.

As for the fringe and her cutting into your hair without consent, you should of spoken up and said your happy with the cut and don't need her 'correcting it' especially without asking.
If someone is being rude / coming across rude to me when they realise I will have a opinion back they stop being like it so much because your not just standing there taking it if that makes sense.

If you don't like something, say it. If she says something you don't agree with like your blow waves, speak to her about it, try it her way or say you like the way you do it.

If she feels like ur not listening to her and already know what your doing that might be annoying her, but she is ur teacher, she wouldn't teach if in her heart she didn't want her students to do well:) x

I personally wouldn't write a complaint as it could just make the situation worse/ awkward. She may just be trying to help you but shows it in the wrong way, some teachers are like that.

As for the fringe and her cutting into your hair without consent, you should of spoken up and said your happy with the cut and don't need her 'correcting it' especially without asking.
If someone is being rude / coming across rude to me when they realise I will have a opinion back they stop being like it so much because your not just standing there taking it if that makes sense.

If you don't like something, say it. If she says something you don't agree with like your blow waves, speak to her about it, try it her way or say you like the way you do it.

If she feels like ur not listening to her and already know what your doing that might be annoying her, but she is ur teacher, she wouldn't teach if in her heart she didn't want her students to do well:) x

I think I need to definitely complain about the haircut. It is that bad that my boss asked if my teacher was even qualified. at first she thought it was one of the students on their first haircut. I also spoke up about my hair cut (I had it cut weeks ago and fixed up last week due two one corner being missed). She decided that I needed it fixed more (I have some breakageon the right side so she attempted to cut it to match) and she cut into that as well. I have a 1 cm horizontal line cut into my left side where she spliced. I dont know if it was blunt scizzors or if they were serated but it physically hurt when she did it. The fringe is so bad (from ear to ear and completely crooked). My boss is talking about putting in a complaint as well to the school because she feels that I am representing the school and her salon. She eve offered to fix it but in my schollarship contract it states that I am not allowed to get my hair done anywhere but school.

OK... I'm really confused.... Have I been in another dimensional world!?

Didn't you leave the hair world and become a nutrition personal fitness trainer?

You're now in another apprenticeship? I need a little time to catch up... Lol

Latest posts

Back