Brush cleaning jar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen Minx

Reaction score
I have come up with an idea of a brush cleaning jar. A picture is in my album.

My ultra sculpter isn't very old, i only used it a couple of times then it got packed away for a while, dried out and a bit contaminated. So i thought this was worth a try. (better than binning it!)

I have only filled it so it covers only half of the brush head with my Retention liquid. (i didn't want to waste too much just incase it didn't work) I went and checked it half an hour later and the top of the brush head had soaked up and saturated in monomer. I swiped my brush on a paper towel and there is no more yellow staining. :green:

Fab idea !!!!! I hope you drunk the Jd's first

No it went down the sink :o Me and hubby dont like JD so i had to dump it. He is a whisky drinker just not JD. It was unwanted christmas present put to another good use lol :)

Just thought i would share the idea with other fellow nail geeks.

Great idea! Thank you for sharing! :)

Is that the airline size of JD?

I have an empty airline vodka bottle that I use. Its fabulous. :)
(No I didn't drink the vodka either, it was one that my DH got years ago on one of his many trips to Latin America).

What a brilliant idea, it fits perfectly. Now i finally have a use for my empty mini bottles:)
but i'm a little upset about the Jd being thrown out, i might start a swap so people can send me their full bottles and i'll send them back empty:lol:

If it helps much, DH did drink the vodka. A Dutchman would never let good booze go to waste. ;-)

Brilliant!!!!....

You should've seen me trying to puncture a hole in the top of a coffee jar and then using pegs so the bridtles aren't squashed to the bottom ... will be getting me one of those miniture bottles tonight and trying it!!!!!!!

Great tip....but Nfu.Oh already have a brush clean bottle on the market and I love it!!! It has different fittings for different sizes of brush, and looks great on your work station.
It is featured in Scratch magazine this month. Brush Clean Bottle at Affiniti

I use good old blu-tac!

Push a piece onto the side of your brush, attach it to the side of a bottle/jar with the tip in a dappen dish of monomer! easy :)

I'm sure Geekbear would volunteer to empty the JD and Voddy bottles

What a fab idea, just what I needed to restore my CND brush that I trained with :) Used the blu tac to suspend the brush in the bottle.

Latest posts

Back