brushes going hard

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuts bout nails

Reaction score
Hi,

I have found recently my gel brushes have been going hard when not in use??? I asume it is from the hot weather we have been having? Any tips on keeping brushes soft and like new??

Cheers:irked:

You will find that if you leave your brush near a window, or on a desk, although the sun may not come into the room the UV rays will certainly find their way in.
That will cure your brush if any gel residue is left on it. I always cover mine in its plastic tube protector and leave in my tool pouch or in the drawer.
Hope this sheds some light on your problem.
To look after my brush I just wipe after use with a lint free pad, not using any brush cleaner, then that way the brush is kept moist with the little gel thats left behind and always store out of the light.
Maybe someone will enlighten us with the way they care for their brush too.

Gel brushes really need to kept in a dust free and dark place. If you leave them on the desk they will go hard even if they`re not in too much light, any light will eventually cure any product in them

Hi

Thank you all or your good advise. Will be keeping my brushes in a dark and SUNFREE place.

Cheers all

P.S how do you become a premium geek??

you have to pay £25 per year (i think its still £25) via paypay to become a premium geek.

nuts bout nails said:
P.S how do you become a premium geek??
click on the Premium Geek link and it's all explained for you....... alternatively you can click on UserCP, scroll down and on the left you will see Paid Subscriptions, click on that and you can go ahead and sign up to be a Premmie :wink2:
hth's

nuts bout nails said:
Hi,

I have found recently my gel brushes have been going hard when not in use??? I asume it is from the hot weather we have been having? Any tips on keeping brushes soft and like new??

Cheers:irked:

hiya
If I haven`t used my gel brush for a while and find that it has hardened slightly I place my brush in a pot with a small amount of gel in for about 10 mins before I start using it ...it soaks into the brush and softens it up ..hth

give your brush a really good rinse in manicurists alcohol after use, wipe with a lint free wipe, then store in a draw out of the light.

thanks everyone for the good advise.

have taken it all on board

Liza

Latest posts

Back