brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juju

Reaction score
Hi does anyone recomend any acrylic brushes i've had a couple of cheap ones to practise and ruined them they go hard really quick I have been using monomer to soak but they're still hard or have lumps in them.:confused:

did the company you trained with recommend a brush for you?
could you fill out your profile please so we know who you trained with etc, it helps us to help you.
:wink2:

juju said:
Hi does anyone recomend any acrylic brushes i've had a couple of cheap ones to practise and ruined them they go hard really quick I have been using monomer to soak but they're still hard or have lumps in them.:confused:

I m of the opinion that your brush isnt somrthing you should scrimp on, you get what you pay for, I love my 508 Ezflow brush!:green:

I got some lovely brushes mail order from Tammy Taylor in the US. They are realy soft and clean like new each time.:lol:

Manxcat

Hi there and welcome to the site...please take the time to fill in a few more details on your profile as it does help.

In answer to your question...it doesn't matter how much your brush costs it is how you treat it that counts!!...It doesn't sound as though you are treating yours very well at al LoL!!:lol:

First of all why are you getting so much product in your brush?...are you maybe not using the correct mix ratio for your Liquid & Powder...leaving product in the brush. whilst you work..which will set and harden...

Or are you not wiping your brush before you put it back into your monomer liquid ...again leaving product on brush which will set ...

Or are you not checking your brush is product free before you put it away?

Brushes should be stored in a brush holder...flat....and away from contaminants (dust)

To remove set product you need to soak your brush in monomer liquid..it can take a long time but it will soften the product for you to gently remove it with a plastic backed pad....

Figure out what is the cause of your problem before you go to the expense of a good brush.....my personal fave though is the Creative Pro Styler....HTH

ValencianNails said:
did the company you trained with recommend a brush for you?
could you fill out your profile please so we know who you trained with etc, it helps us to help you.
:wink2:
hI I have just filled in my profile any help would be great :)

I think maybe wrong ratio I have had some probs with acrylics I bought a load of gel brushes from the us and they are great also star nails but whilst practicing acrylics using cheapy ones. I was advised by my trainer to use creative brushes and she had a fab glass one don't know if it was a creative one:)

Yea...will probably be a crystal touch Pro Styler......

You will need to get your mix ratio right though......get back to your training manual or trainer and get that mix right.... it probably is the cause of your other problems on your other Thread.........so get your mix ratio right and you could start to feel better!!
Different products have different mix ratios so without knowing what you use I can't help....Creative is a medium wet mix 1 part powder to 1 and a half liquid.....what do you use?

I have been on the tutorial for silk wraps which I love doing and it was showing pink silk any ideas where I can get this I normally use nsi naio nails and my local adel hairdressing warehouse but not seen it before

Sorry...I meant what L&P system are you using.......if it is NSI then one of the geeks who use this could help you with your mix ratio....

izzidoll said:
Yea...will probably be a crystal touch Pro Styler......

You will need to get your mix ratio right though......get back to your training manual or trainer and get that mix right.... it probably is the cause of your other problems on your other Thread.........so get your mix ratio right and you could start to feel better!!
Different products have different mix ratios so without knowing what you use I can't help....Creative is a medium wet mix 1 part powder to 1 and a half liquid.....what do you use?
I have been using naio nails medium set monomer with there powder which was fine but last night I used nsi attraction kit probably to advanced for me I also have loads of pastel colours from usa

Latest posts

Back