Bubble Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireyCanary

Reaction score
I have just recieved an email from a potential new client asking if I would do bubble nails with a nemo design for her, now I have no problem doing these nails, they will be hers to look after and live with, but i have never worn a set of these myself and am just wondering if any other ladies have?

If so how have you found durability, lifting, general usage??

Im expecting the client to struggle as I imagine she will find it hard to pick things up, do her general day to day activities etc.

I want to advise her how she will find them but I have never worn a set myself and really do not fancy applying them to test them as I personally do not like them. I think if I were to apply them id probably have them straight back off again lol.

images

Here are some bubble nails borrowed from google image search for those of you who may not know what I mean by bubble nails.

Any help/opinions greatly recieved.

xxx

I've never worn them and never done them and doubt I ever will. I think they are an abomination and I'm not into doing grotesque or UGLY nails.

As to lasting ability .. why shouldn't they? They look as though a bomb wouldn't dislodge them.

Ewwwww, I have never seen or heard of them before your post, I can honestly say they are revolting. All I can say is WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R&R

They look as though a bomb wouldn't dislodge them.

LMAO!!

That is great!

This sort of method for applying acrylic looks like the tech has made a mistake and forgot to file it down!

Hi Claire, I saw a chinese girl with these on the other day on the train! She had them short, so maybe that is the way to go, oh, and she had no problem texting on her phone from what I was seeing. You must post a picture up if you do them. Really hope these don't become the next big thing though, I personally think they look like maltesers are underneath the nail lol
xxxxxxxxxxxx

lol, malteser dermatitis!

You sure thats what she wanted? sometimes clients ask for one thing and mean another !

could have been the aqua / snow shaker things that wear around few years back?

or maybe she ment just a simple bubble desighn with nemo?

You sure thats what she wanted? sometimes clients ask for one thing and mean another !

could have been the aqua / snow shaker things that wear around few years back?

or maybe she ment just a simple bubble desighn with nemo?

Yeah, Maybe she meant "bubble" as in fish bubbles lol...................

Sheeeeeeeeeesh !

I have never seen these before, I think they look absolutely vile as far as the shape is concerned.

I think that if the length is kept short then it is fine as the nail wont obstruct the use of the pads of the fingers when picking things up, texting etc.

If you go ahead with them, would love to see a pic. Im off to google image some of these now, hope I dont pick up any gross results x

Last edited:
These have been around for a little while. I think they are horrible and ugly. I know the client has to wear them, but personally I would refuse to do them. I am a beautician, I make things beautiful not ugly!

Also, I would worry about the possible negative impact of other people asking where they had these nasty things done.

Each to their own, I suppose.

I would be more worried about the possibility of the person's peers all trooping in for more of the same :eek: !!!
People who have these things done, seem to have like minded friends. :irked:

I imagine that these would probably need to be e filed off due to the bulk of product, otherwise you'd be there for days soaking off surely?

I knew Id find somethin freaky in google image, check it :D > http://tinyurl.com/ybs5op8

When I first started, the gel nails I produced looked like that anyway, well without the nail art. :rolleyes:

I imagine that these would probably need to be e filed off due to the bulk of product, otherwise you'd be there for days soaking off surely?

I knew Id find somethin freaky in google image, check it :D > http://tinyurl.com/ybs5op8

Hmmm, a pair of shoes 3 sizes bigger than normal would be needed for those feet.

These have been around for a little while. I think they are horrible and ugly. I know the client has to wear them, but personally I would refuse to do them. I am a beautician, I make things beautiful not ugly!

Also, I would worry about the possible negative impact of other people asking where they had these nasty things done.

Each to their own, I suppose.

I agree, this was my first thought.
As we all know having our great work on peoples finger tips is great advertising with word of mouth when they tell all their mates who did them.

I think it's a risk to your good reputation if you do them cause others WILL notice them, more than likely find them gross and the first thing they will say is "where did you get them done" and they will blab your name and the person might think this is all you do and that you would try and convert them to this new fashion or something and avoid you.

Why can't you just say that you had a look at what the client was talking about after your conversation with her and now you know exactly what she wants, you do NOT offer this service, sorry.
But offer to still do the nemo art work on normal nails.

Good luck, I'm gad it's not me in this situation:hug:

Kinda reminds me of the fad of platform shoes. Which make the legs and feet clunky looking. Some will be able to wear them with grace and others not so much. :)

I think if you did them you would have to charge like 3X's the norm lol just for product,

I defy anyone to look graceful with with those hazelnuts on the ends of their fingers.

Brilliant replies people, Glamglam that is one hell of a link you posted, eek id more than likely vomit if i had a client with toe nails like that.

I have spoken to the client and yes she definatly wants these bubble nails, I have however spoken to her about it and weighed up the pros and cons of this particular style and we have reached a mutual agreement.

She will be having these bubble nails on just her ring fingers as a 'statment' finger with the other nails done with clear tips, possibly tinted blue, with fish designs on them.

Atleast that way when people look at her nails they will see lovely crafted nails on 4 and something different on 1.

im going to do my best to make it look pretty. not sure how but hey!

xxx

Latest posts

Back