Bubble Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really am not keen on these nails but I am curious as to how they are done as I know through when I was learning if you applied acrylic to thick it would get hot as it set , so would the bubble nails not get quite warm whilst setting ??

I really am not keen on these nails but I am curious as to how they are done as I know through when I was learning if you applied acrylic to thick it would get hot as it set , so would the bubble nails not get quite warm whilst setting ??

Not if you built up in layers, which you would have to do or they would get hot for sure.

Perhaps you could do a thin layer, then stick a 'smartie' or an m&m on the top and then cover it with another layer? That should do the trick.

Good lord. Why on earth would you want these??

Not if you built up in layers, which you would have to do or they would get hot for sure.

Perhaps you could do a thin layer, then stick a 'smartie' or an m&m on the top and then cover it with another layer? That should do the trick.

Good thinking with the smartie idea !!! :)

Imagine having four nice nails, as suggested above, and opting for one deformed looking nail? It's going to look like she's had some awful accident and stand out like a sore thumb! Lol sore thumb!!

I imagine that these would probably need to be e filed off due to the bulk of product, otherwise you'd be there for days soaking off surely?

I knew Id find somethin freaky in google image, check it :D > http://tinyurl.com/ybs5op8

lol the hairy legs set them off lovely!!!

Lets face it, some clients just want odd things done :S

no matter how much advice you try to give someone, sometimes they just never listen

xxx

no matter how much advice you try to give someone, sometimes they just never listen

xxx

- so true, and the client will usually absolutely love this horrific look.

That feet link is crazy I know, I bet who ever owns those thinks that they look amazing too!

hairy legs set them off lovely yes :lol:

Imagine having four nice nails, as suggested above, and opting for one deformed looking nail? It's going to look like she's had some awful accident and stand out like a sore thumb! Lol sore thumb!!

Ha! Sore thumb!! Or ring finger, as the case may be... :lol:

I might be wrong but I'm sure I saw something on YouTube where the nail tec used googely eyes you get for crafts kids used them for putting eyes on projects. The lady was injecting them with water or coloured polish. Anyway I think that is what's under the nail art to give it it shape

xxx

Well good luck hun, I think you're very brave and nice to do this for a client who's not even a regular. Let us all see a picture after and you never know, we might just luurve them too:hug: xxxx

Hi Claire the fact that she asked for a nemo theme makes me wonder if its the aquarium nails she is thinking of, when you do a double sided nail fill with water and put floating stars etc in. Do a search on bubble nails and aquarium nails and you will see what I mean hth:hug:

:lol: That is a good one geeg, I love it, your so funny sometimes.

She would get a added bonus if she's a biter and picker, she would eventually get through and be able to eat the smartie or m&m's for a snack.

But on a serious note, I agree totally, there is no way ever I think these nails could ever look nice, just like the ones in the toe nail link, just gross IMO.

Back