Bubbles in white acrylic??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mary1981

Reaction score
Hello all, i have a little question about air bubbles! This isn't a problem i have had before so not sure what has changed. I have what look like a few tiny dark specks on the zone 1 done in white, almost like tiny dots of dirt. They are literally pin prick size so very small. I wondered if they were air bubbles? It is just on 2 nails, the little specks are also close together. If its air bubbles i know ways to fix but not sure what else it could be, other than actual specks of dirt i suppose.

Should mention they are my own nails lol, and i have tried washing them :lol:
Hope im explaining this ok i dont really know how else to describe it. I'd send a pic but i've lost the usb lead :rolleyes:

Hello,
Normally, those dots are airbubbles. You are not completely saturating your brush when you put it in your liquid. When i place my brush in the liquid, i press it down all the way, and you can see all the air bubbles popping out. My educator said that this was called blurbing! So just remember, make sure you are blurbing!
If not airbubbles, i could be dust that was in the air from filing and has then landed on the wet product! If this happens to you on a client, you CANNOT get rid of it, no matter how much u file it. The only way you can get rid of it, is by applying nail art on top! :)
But its definately dust or airbubbles, sometimes they can even have a purple look to them too!
hope ive helped you
sarah xx

Blurbing lol!!:lol: Well its definatley a word i wont forget!
Thanks hun yeah thats a great help, i think air bubbles is most likely as i hadnt really done any filing at that point. Noone else can see them and thinks im being picky, but I KNOW they are there and keep looking at them! :eek:

yeah im the same though, when you notice something, its so hard to forget about it. Blurb the brush lol yeeah thats what he told me...
Just cover it with some diamontes or something :)
xxxx

Do as Sarah has said but also let the bead settle for a few seconds before moving it this will help.

Um ....... are you sure these are not specks of black grit from your file???

Press the bead don't schmoosh it .. just press lightly and quickly lifting the brush straight up off the surface .. remember no schmooshing !!! :lol:

Um ....... are you sure these are not specks of black grit from your file???

Press the bead don't schmoosh it .. just press lightly and quickly lifting the brush straight up off the surface .. remember no schmooshing !!! :lol:

They could well be actually, they really are tiny enough and i had been doing the reverse application so in hindsight i had refined a few smile lines before adding the white - meaning i could have had black grit! Next time i shall make sure i blurb my brush and don't schmoosh my bead :lol: And keep grit free!
Thanks everyone :hug:

I hope the college tutor if fluent in Geek when I start lol I will be making sure I blurb and don't schmoosh when I start college hehehe

This site is so wonderful - I feel like I have been in college since I started here as there is always so much to read and learn :hug:

I hope the college tutor if fluent in Geek when I start lol I will be making sure I blurb and don't schmoosh when I start college hehehe

This site is so wonderful - I feel like I have been in college since I started here as there is always so much to read and learn :hug:

Trust me on this .. when you get to college you will find you know more than your tutor and are more up to date (unless she too is a geek) :lol:

They could well be actually, they really are tiny enough and i had been doing the reverse application so in hindsight i had refined a few smile lines before adding the white - meaning i could have had black grit! Next time i shall make sure i blurb my brush and don't schmoosh my bead :lol: And keep grit free!
Thanks everyone :hug:

CND does a file which is white called the Blizzard board. (100/180)
It is recommended for the Brisa gel so you don't get black flecks and grit on the gel as it's so sticky, but I'm sure you are able to use them with L+P too. They last well too.

Try it. It's my favourite file now.

thanks for the tip hun! i do actually need to order some new files so will definatley consider these. Thank you! xx

Latest posts

Back