Bubbles under my tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlo nails

Reaction score
Hi All

Can anyone help me PLEASE.. I am new to the nail industry and i am currently doing a Essential nails gel course, but i am really really struggling as i just dont seem to be able to get my tips on without air bubbles. I have done al the techniques that they tell you to do and i am still getting them. I am using the number 13 nail with a number 4 tip filed and shaped to fit....If anyone can help me i would be really really grateful because after doing 50 tips and not getting one without bubbles im getting a little frustrated....:sad:

Many thanks
Jane

This seems to be a problem for almost everyone on this course - there is an Essentail Nails social group which you might like to join in with. I am sure there would be lots of help for you there.

Salon Geek - Essential nail geeks

Hi Jane,
This is how i apply nail tips :)
I use tips with wells,after filing these down i apply glue to the nail well and put it on a angle so the top of the nail well is facing the ceiling and the bottom of the nail ( the part you cut for nail lenght) is facing the ground then i slowly angle it onto the nail (bottom of nail well sit on bottom of smile line of nail and angle it down on 45 degree angle ) till all the tip is attached and then press on the join for about 10 seconds :)
This was the only way i could also get ride of bubbles :) Hope you can understand my explaination...Good Luck

In my opinion the no. 4 tip does NOT fit the no. 13 nail, I wasted loads trying! I used the no. 2 tips and filed them down to fit. Hope that helps and I recommend joining the EN group.

Hi Change your adhesive to gel bond as the adhesive you get with essential nails is rubbish :)

Hi Jane

yep this is a problem nail for most of the En Crew i had a poo of a time with it.:O), your not alone, it can be done though...

Firstly, get your nail tip (no4 ) and file the well on the sides to fit to the nail, then file out most of the well. shape the free edge of the natural nail to fit the shape of the tip, when you are happy with this, apply some cuticle oil in place of glue and then apply the tip using the rocking action as explained by gina in the dvd and also the book, until you are happy you have the correct application technique. the cuticle oil will show up any air bubbles and imprefections at the free edge and it will save you using your glue and all the tips :O))... If you hold the tip with the well facing up, very slowly click it into place and slowly rock it back on to the nail, this should push out the air bubbles, if you are still using the glue, make sure there are no air bubbles when you put your bead onto the well also this nail has a slightly flat bed.

hope this helps..

Sara

Hi
Thank you so much for your reply i will look in to that

Jane

Hi All

I just wanted to post and say thank you to all of you that have replied to my frustrating question..

Thanks
Jane

Hi. I used some of the above but I also used to put a bit of glue on the 'natural' nail where the bubble is, usually is the middle. HTH. :D
Leanne XxXx

Now im even more confused...Some say use the number 2 tip some say the 7 i just dont know what to do......

Hi I suppose you are all using the tips from Essential Nails???

When I used my trainerhand (actually just sits and collect dust now) I bought tips from CND to use with it, I have never had a problem with the 13 nail. I think I either used formation, and then just removed almost the whole well before gluing it on, I must confess I never used the glue either, I used gelbond, you have to hold a bit longer than on a natural nail but compared to the blending troubles well......

Now im even more confused...Some say use the number 2 tip some say the 7 i just dont know what to do......

If you are using the no 13 nail the no 4 nail tip is most efficient, you have to streamline the well to fit the sides fo the nail and file out some fo the well also as this is a flatish nail.

The no 2 will be too big and the no 7 will be too small. I used the no tip on the no 6 nail and it fits perfectly with hardly any streamlining.

Latest posts

Back