Buffing off gel twinkle toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukfaye

Reaction score
Hi I have just introduced gel twinkle toes. Was just wandering how much you buff these off when the client wants them removed or changed colour. As with clear it's simple to buff down and let the last bit grow
out. How does this work with colours? As obviously leaving some behind will look obvious? Am I being thick here? Please help. :)

I don't do much gel, but I'd imagine the best policy would be to apply a thin layer of clear and cure it before applying any glitter?

I use Young Nails Mini-Q for twinkle toes, it's a soak off clear, and works a treat stays on till you don't want it any more, just use the foil method with acetone to soak them off, soak a cotton pad with acetone, wrap it around toe and wrap with foil, in arounf 10-15 mins they are off, if a few leftover areas are left a quick buff soon removes it, not sure what brand of gel you are using, might be a good idea to see if they have a soak off?? hth x

Yah, like Ruth I use soak off as well. I use bio and Christrio
I don't think it's a good idea to use buff-off gel on toes... so much filing! I'd be scared to accidentally cut their skin.

I don't do much gel, but I'd imagine the best policy would be to apply a thin layer of clear and cure it before applying any glitter?

This is the way to do it with buff off gel, hth

Cool I'll make sure I do a layer first, it is buff off gel. May invest in a soak off clear it is so much easier isn't it! Thanks. X

Latest posts

Back