Building a stiff upper lip.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfected

Reaction score
I'm a sensitive person and take things personally. Especially when it comes to nail work.

When I do someone's nails and then they have a problem and complain to me, I feel frustrated. I'm not against fixing the problem or troubleshooting till we get it figured out. It's the way they complain. Well, perhaps I'm really just frustrated at the fact that things didn't go the way they were supposed to. When I do someone's nails I want things to go perfect and there not be any issues.

How do you get pass that? Perhaps that's a downfall of being a perfectionist? I know there will always be learning curves to get passed. There will always be some new product that I don't immediatly get. I see the potential for many complaint possibilities for different and new techniques and products. I know I need to just get over it and suck it up. But how do you get to that point? How do you have a non chalant attitude inside when a problem arises? Not that you don't care about the client, but that you just don't allow yourself to get worked up over it.

Is it possible? LOL

By adopting a professional head instead of a female one.

I wonder if dentists worry about your crown falling out or a filling??? None has ever acted as if it bothered them when I have had a problem like a loose filling .. none has ever said to me, "oh I'll fix it for free" or "that might have been my fault." They are professionals ... things happen beyond our control why in heaven's name should we take it personally if someone has a problem (unless you KNOW you've caused it). Oh, I ate a toffee and pulled a filling out! Is that the dentist's fault?

It never occurs to me as a professional that I may have caused a problem. I believe in myself, I believe in my ability and I use high end high performance products that deliver consistent long lasting results and I am very thorough ...

When a client walks out my door her nails are perfect so what really can they complain about unless they break one or have a physical problem that undermines the results they went out the door with (none of which are down to me). Things happen. It is a pain to have to go back to the salon to get it fixed, it's a `pain to have to go to the dentist to get things fixed but that is the way it is and it costs money.

You cannot take things personally when a client is complaining that she broke a nail etc ... when you do you just show your vulnerable culpable female side instead of your professional side. Fix the problem and hand them the bill just like the dentist. :hug:

Thanks. :) I am learning Nobility soak off gel. I did a NNO for a girl I work with. I did the overlay and after cleansing painted them. She popped back in later about two nails that had bubbles. I figured it was the nail polish but it was the gel. They weren't air bubbles, they were just bumps...tiny little bumps. I actually got this on my nails when I did them, but didn't repaint them right then. In the morning the bumps were gone! I repainted the two nails for her and later she left a message saying that several hours later she did dishes and now the bubbles are worse than before. :mad: I'm not sure if perhaps I didn't cure it long enough...or the cleanser wasn't dry before I painted....

I know I shouldn't take it so personally, but the bumps just might be a technical issue since I'm new to it. lol

I thoroghly prepped the nail. Waited for primer to dry. Applied a very thin coat of gel, and flash cured it. Did that to four fingers and then cured for one full minute. Then repeated the process of applying a second thin coat and flash curing, one nail at a time. Final cure for three minutes. Cleansed. Perhaps the cleanser left a residue... I'm not really sure what would cause bumps in the gel. They went away the next day! (on me, haven't talked to her yet...)

It is imperative that the nails are cleansed and completely dry and free of moisture or oil before you paint on coloured gels or any gel top coat for that matter. This is most likely the cause of the mysterious 'bumps'. Yours may have disappeared because you smoothed them while working or something ... who knows. They may have just shrunk whilst drying over a 24 hour period .. but the fact is that you do not want them whether they disappear later or not.

Yeah...I know for sure my prep was spot on. I really am thinking I just didn't cure them long enough. I didn't have my timer and was watching the clock...

I seen her nails yesterday and I think she needs extra strength for her nails. She's a LMT and esti, and said she did six treatments on Saturday. Her polish was chipping off and there was stress marks in the gel. :( Usually two layers are enough with the Nobility, but I'm thinking I might have to do two, a third to build some sort of apex, and then a final coat of the LeChat powder gel top coat in the red bottle for extra strength. I might just have to shellac her when it comes out! lol Do you think it would be a good choice for her?

Yeah...I know for sure my prep was spot on. I really am thinking I just didn't cure them long enough. I didn't have my timer and was watching the clock...

I seen her nails yesterday and I think she needs extra strength for her nails. She's a LMT and esti, and said she did six treatments on Saturday. Her polish was chipping off and there was stress marks in the gel. :( Usually two layers are enough with the Nobility, but I'm thinking I might have to do two, a third to build some sort of apex, and then a final coat of the LeChat powder gel top coat in the red bottle for extra strength. I might just have to shellac her when it comes out! lol Do you think it would be a good choice for her?

Shellac will be a good choice for anyone :green:

Shellac will be a good choice for anyone :green:

LOL :D I'm very excited about it.. Especially after seeing FingerNailFixer's post on Facebook. :D

Latest posts

Back