Building clientele as a nail technician

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColourBoy

Reaction score
Now I'm not a nail tech.. But I'm posting on behalf of our nail tech at the salon!

In all of your opinions, what are the best advertising methods, promotions etc to build up? She's finding it really hard to just get new clients through the door! Her nails are really good.. Now I know I'm not a nail tech but you can tell! She does the hairdressers acrylics who work here, and they go 4+weeks with no lifting, even though they're in water all the time!

When she does get a client, they become really loyal she's just struggling with actually getting them in the door!

A Facebok page is great, i get alot of clients from word of mouth, it does take abit of time to start off x

Ask the existing clients to refer a friend and give them a reward for doing it, do you have signage in the windows? Also if you plaster it all over your own salon page it'll put the info that you have nails in people's minds & then next time their gonna get nails done they'll remember you, it takes a really long time to build up from scratch

You have to use every avenue of marketing. Facebook is great if your target clientele use Facebook. Many if my clients don't. I do regular leaflet drops. These may work as she may get overlooked because she's in a salon. A simple price list and maybe a couple of pics, but nothing too extreme. Many of my clients have struggled to find somewhere that isn't going to foist acrylics on them or crazy nail art. Sometimes they just want a classic mani. Using several 'tools' to advertise is definitely the way forward. I know a website is a biggy but we get so much work through ours.

Good luck with helping out!

Vic x

I represent a company that provides a solution that manages customer referral on your behalf in addition to digital punched cards and text message marketing. I would be happy to help any one looking to explore online marketing (websites, yelp, Facebook ads etc)

Latest posts

Back