Bumpy gel nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you’re not finding the top and it’s a bumpy, then maybe you should file the top I don’t know maybe that’s just common sense to me, but I don’t know what the initial problem is with the bumpy gel other than your application, but most certainly not filing it. Smooth at the end is your biggest problem

FYI this thread is from 2012

When applying your builder layer, you can apply a little extra (not excessive so it’s wastes product, obviously) to ensure you have enough for contouring purposes. This way it removes concerns about filing off too much, while also being able to achieve your desired shape and even allows room for buffing for smoothness. There‘s a pro‘ nail tech’ video on YouTube by a lady called Suzy who demos how to avoid bumpy nails in step by step detail. Also, the type of nail files and drill bits can make a difference. Sometimes it can be better to file for a tad longer with a less coarse grit to avoid rapid shape changes that lead to unevenness when you’re against the clock to achieve smoothness. Hope all of this helps.

Latest posts

Back