Bunnies have to go!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitzyGirl

Reaction score
As you all may be aware by now, we are soon to move back to North Cyprus, and I am as nervous as hell.
We do have a little problem here though, our beloved RABBITS. We have 2 bunnies called Toffee and Snowy. As we are going away for 6 weeks on the 21st, we have to find them a permanent GOOD, LOVING & CARING home before then.
I am going to put an ad in the local paper, but thought I'll put them in Geekbay as well, as I know there's a lot of animal loving and caring geeks on here. I'll try and upload a piccie as weel, but can't promise it, as I haven't been able to upload any for a while.
Anyway, if interested look out on geekbay soon, and let me know if you or anyone you know would like them.

P.S. We also have 2 tortoises, we need to sell.

Aww hunni im sorry to hear this, i hope you find them a great home soon xxx

Oh so sorry to hear this. I have one rabbit, who lives in the house, he is enough trouble for us! lol Hope you find a caring loving home for them.

hi sorry to hear that, what would you sell your tortoise/s at? thanks

Just bumping this up again.

Hi hun!

Its so sad that you have to leave your little rabbits, but its great that you want them to go to a loving home! I have a guinea pig called Malcome, and he is fab. I cant imagine having to leave him behind!

I would be interested in your tortoise/s! The are lovely animals! Can you pm me with the details please hun? And how old they are!

I am a bit far away from you though, so if you find someone to take them nearer to you then that may be a bit better for them! x

What breed of rabbits are they?

They're mini lops. They really are beautiful, specially Toffee.

sorry your having to leave them behind...if hubby would let me, i'd have them in a heartbeat but he's not into animals at all. maybe when evie geek gets a bit bigger!

i remember a few years ago i had a gorgeous white bunny, i asked my mother in law to look after it while we went away.....instead of feeding little Billy and taking care of him she decided to give him away!! I was devastated!

Arrr, I'd have them but I've just brought a new baby bunny to keep my guinea company!!!

Hope you find a loving home for them all!!

xxxxxxxxxx

Jennykins said:
sorry your having to leave them behind...if hubby would let me, i'd have them in a heartbeat but he's not into animals at all. maybe when evie geek gets a bit bigger!

i remember a few years ago i had a gorgeous white bunny, i asked my mother in law to look after it while we went away.....instead of feeding little Billy and taking care of him she decided to give him away!! I was devastated!

Some people can be horrible. Couple of people I offered them to said things like
"the BBQ season is in, so I'll have them" and
"They'll do for a nice rabbit stew"
How cruel can they get? They could see how much those bunnies are loved.

Aw I will be thinking of this all the time till you get them a good home!!! My son would love them but my hubby would be difficult to convince!!! we are so far away too!

I never thought I would feel so bad selling our bunnies. Our 14 yr old son just caught me putting an ad in the paper for them and he wasn't too happy, but I think he understands why we have to sell them.
I am now sitting here with the biggest lump in my throat, and I can hardly see the keyboard through the tears.
If I am like this now, how will I cope when people come to take them away.

I've attached some pics of my babies, hopefully I have anyway.

GlitzyGirl said:
I never thought I would feel so bad selling our bunnies. Our 14 yr old son just caught me putting an ad in the paper for them and he wasn't too happy, but I think he understands why we have to sell them.
I am now sitting here with the biggest lump in my throat, and I can hardly see the keyboard through the tears.
If I am like this now, how will I cope when people come to take them away.

I've attached some pics of my babies, hopefully I have anyway.

oh hunny they are absolutely gorgeous!
i wish, i wish, i wish i could have them

xx

I have 2 bunnies. They are house rabbits... didnt intend to be. We brought them in one winter a few years back afraid they might be too cold, and put them into a spare bedroom, and inside they have stayed, not only in the bedroom either, they have the run of the house and use a litter tray like cats.... they even have cat toys that they fling about!!!

My partner loves them and they are so funny and entertaining.
It upsets me just how many bunnies you see around easter that are sold as a 5 minute wonder for kids, then 3 weeks later, the novelty wears off.
I would happily take them, but scared they would fight with our 2.

I know its hard to part with an animal, I remember the pain with one of my dogs years ago.
Hope you have luck in finding them a brilliant home. xx

Hi again,
Been driving myself crazy thinking about my babies (bunnies), and I still have'nt got a solution.
There is something just popped into my mind though, and I wonder if anyone knows anything about this.
Just went out to feed the rabbits, and suddenly thought "why can't we take them with us?"
Does anyone know if you can fly rabbits out and how?
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help, it sounds ideal!!!!!!!

Go to your vets and ask them about pet passports. They can take a while to come through though so you may want to move fast. You'll also have to check out the rules for Cyprus as they may vary from country to country but celebs travel with their animals all the time and there are lots of people who have summer holiday homes or live abroad part of the year that must take their animals with them.
I assume they will need to be checked for things like myxi and rabies but I'm sure your vet will be able to help!

I know someone who had their dog get a passport, it cost £1,000.
Dont know what it would be for a rabbit though.
Sounds like the perfect idea, but yes, act fast cos if its possible, you dont want time to be letting you down.:rolleyes:
Good luck hun x

Latest posts

Back